Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I attached a snap shot here to show the email as to what it looks like. If you get this type Email virus with attachment do not open the attachment. It is a zip file and USPS does not send these emails. I made a purchase on ebay and somehow this lowlife tried to suck me into a delivery problem. Of course I was curious being I had not gotten delivery yet. I could have very easily opened this email attachment if not experienced with previous attempts. Dead give away is sender is from UK. USPS from UK. I don't think so. Zip file for invoice? I don't think so. My virus software picked it up but did not clean it. SOPHOS virus software is from UK. Now I wonder what the heck is going on. So please forum gasser brothers do not fall for this virus.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
rule of thumb if you dont know it dont open it...thanks for the heads up Mario

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Thanks Mario! I'm guilty of deleting good emails occasionally, as I'm spooked and would rather error the right direction.

But I have noticed there's a problem here at the forum also lately. My computer browser locks up often, and sometimes it takes me 3-4 tries to respond to a thread. I contacted the techs here to see if they can check it, and tell me if there's something causing it here. It's not an issue at any other forums I look at.
If anyone else has noticed a slow browser, or issues with the site not operating smoothly, let me know.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rule of thumb if you dont know it dont open it...thanks for the heads up Mario
The thing is with this crafty lowlife I was expecting delivery. I could have very easily opened it to look.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mario! I'm guilty of deleting good emails occasionally, as I'm spooked and would rather error the right direction.
Spooked for good reason. Last summer a virus hijacked my company server. An office girl opened an attachment and bang it went right to the server from there.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I had a hi-jack problem here....I went into the Gasserhotrods cookie and found the hack file...deleted it problem solved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts