Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have to vent.. I know where killer cars are sitting and i cant get them. there is a guy that has e 57 chevy 2dr hdt with continental kit sitting in his car port since i was a kid atleast 35yrs,also a 56 chevy 2dr also a 68 gto sitting since 1980 a 67 gto sitting since 1978, a68 ss camaro all original 396 4spd and its half sunk in the ground in this dudes yard and he wont sell, ITS KILLING ME. the list goes on and on:mad:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I feel your pain. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I see 'em all the time. I drive a lot for my job so I see a ton of cars that I would love to have inside my shop instead of out rotting in a driveway. There's a '65-'66 fastback Mustang that's been sitting outside under a tarp that gets replaced about every 5 or 6 years - I've seen it there since I moved out here 20 years ago. It's probably 5 minutes from my house. One of my neighbors has his kids' '73 Ventura hatchback sitting beside his house for more than 20 years too. About a minute from my house is a Challenger in a barn that is falling down around it...

What are you going to do? I'm sure it's their dream to fix it up someday. As long as they own it they can say ' I have a _______ that I'm working on'... right?!?

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Hey I'm going to fix that some day ! ! The most famous words of the hoarders. Between here and Carlisle every trip I see the Cuda slowly melting in to there front lawn. A 63 C10 with a sign on the window that says NOT FOR SALE ! ! A 50 Chevy sitting with a for sale sign on it rotting away and getting worse every year, but priced so high it's like it was restored.
I had a neighbor stop in the shop a few years ago and ask if I would try to sell his 56 Belair. Now he is a local farmer, really nice guy, so I went to look and get pictures and it sat in a small field behind his barn and it was in rather rough condition. When I ask how much he was looking to sell it for he said 13,000.00 ............... I got flies in my mouth it opened so wide for so long. When I walked to the other side of the car it had a very deep gouge from the front to the back. I ask wow what happen here , he looked and said well I guess I hit it worth my combine , that's why I though I should sell it before it gets ruined. AGAIN MORE FLIES ! ! !

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey I'm going to fix that some day ! ! !
That's right! The most frustrating response I know of, especially when I know it'll never happen. Almost thirty years ago I asked "a friend" of mine about a '69 Roadrunner that had been sitting in the weeds for about five years. The dreaded "gonna fix-it" answer. Several times in the next twenty-five years I asked the same question and of course, the same ole response. About five years ago I went over to the farm to see the guy and the Roadrunner is gone. Well..........great! I'm glad he's finally going to "fix-it." Wrong! ! ! When I asked about it, "some guy" came by and wanted to buy it so he let 'em have it. Steve, I had a problem with flies, too!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't get the hoarder mentality. I do have a lot of cars but I sold the excess off including parts. You have to let things go if you dont have the time or resources to complete it after 20-30+ years. I have a friend who has two retractible hard top fords and a 50s studebaker commander. They have been There for 30+ years without attention. I would love the Studebaker but he lets them sit. He at least keeps them dry in his barn so there is no rust. He said his son wants to restore them, but I havent seen them move.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
There are two I see constantly that bug the heck out of me! Just two blocks from me sitting under a torn blue tarp is a 100% original 1932 Ford coupe. It's been there for the 23 years we've lived in this house, and big signs saying no tresspassing, and one leaning against the car that says, "Not 4 Sale".
There's another that I've seen for over 35 years. A 1963 split window Corvette. Gets a new tarp every so often, and my brother has stopped to ask about it twice in that time and gotten his head bitten off for even asking. It's sinking into the ground, and I'm sure not worth saving now.
I've seen plenty others also, and usually don't even stop to ask.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some more i have found..up in north jersey i found a 1970 super bird yes i said super bird. I saw the wing over the top of the fence..orig.owner bought it as a left over in 72 has 189k on it 44x6 4spd. Old man is in his late 70s he said when he retires he will "fix it up"..i also know of 2 henry j's sitting 1 is in the woods.i must know of over 100 cars sitting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts