Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to use up all the parts and junk I have been collecting for the last 20 or 30 yrs. Turns out its going to be a 40/41 Ford pu-gasser of course! The plan is to make it very user friendly-ps, pb 700r4 ,305 chev with Qjet Going to try 40 axle on paralel leafs with econoline spindles. Like I said,trying to use up all this stuff. I will try to post pics as I go,wish me luck!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Great project Steve. Nothing wrong with a dependable combination put together from existing parts. Keep the updates coming so we can share in the ride and the excitment. Good luck with the build. We're all here to help as well. Mark L

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sounds like fun. I want to do a FED some day with the junk I have laying around. I was even thinking (dreaming) of using my 4.6 Cobra engine for it with the supercharger on it!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The 40 P/U sounds like a great gasser project. I always dreamed of building an A-model P/U but never could fit one into my budget. And by the way, a friend of mine practically stole one right out from under my nose about a mounth ago. One of the neighborhood farmers had one that had been in a barn for the past fourty or so years, needed some cash, saw my buddy at the local gas station, mentioned it and.........you know "the rest of the story." Such is my luck! :(

Good luck with the P/U! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never get deals like that,just hear about them a day too late. A model A pu would make a cool gasser. I have a 33 Chev pu stored away,Needs lots of work,but its all there. Maybe it will become a gasser some day. Hey19mach,whats a FED?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Steve, Front Engine Dragster. MArk L

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mark,I guess I have lived a sheltered life.One more item of interest, I went to buy a repop 40 grill and both Drake and Macs are out of stock with no more in sight. Got one from Dennis Carpenter,the guy said it was the last one -might have got the last one in captivity. If anyone sees them at swaps grab them.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I've seen the term FED used as a front engine dragster, but I've seen it used on other Ford cars also, and wondered what they meant. Whenever FED is used in conjunction with a car it's always a Ford, so there must be another meaning for the FED term.
Speaking of Fords, is anyone interested in a running, driving 1977 Ford Ranchero with 460, and C6 ffor $1000? Buddy has one he's getting ready to sell. I told him if it didn't sell and he parts it out I'd take the 9" rearend.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the support everyone,its alot of hard work but its worth it in the end. Just boxing the frame but its slow going -Im working outside for now but its been a hot humid summer up here ,-80s&90s . Hope to have the frame done by the end of Sept,then I can roll it around. Going to move it to the projects section and try to post some pics in a week or 2-see you there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts