Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is strange. 30 minutes ago I logged on and got a message saying I had been banned. Under 'reason', none was given. Under when ban would be lifted it said never. I just tried again and obviously I was able to log on. WTF!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
There is some whacky stuff going on . I think the website needs a cleaning. Spammers are trying to get me to accept their certificate in disguise of gasser hotrods. I was also asked to log in when Im already in and remembered. I thought that was weird. I may have given someone my log in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
trifive was the same way. i stopped going there because of weird stuff about log in. went back for first time in a while and it started again so i'm done. any site that does that from now on i will avoid.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I posted a photo in my post above with spammer webpage and it is not showing. How did that happen.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
OK, this is strange. 30 minutes ago I logged on and got a message saying I had been banned. Under 'reason', none was given. Under when ban would be lifted it said never. I just tried again and obviously I was able to log on. WTF!!
Steve, this was my fault. :( I was in last evening cleaning up some spam, and I was doing this by taking a whole list of spammers post and banning them and there IP's all at once. Some how you and Road Angel got caught up in the list, that didn't show up until after where is says bannings were successful, so I had to back track and remove the banning. My apologies, I hope it didn't mess up anything you were trying to post.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
You are forgiven....BUT NOT forgiven for not checking in more often with up dates on what you are doing..................lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know anything about this place, but have extensive experience with a vintage motorcycle site, and keeping spammers & scofflaws at bay is a full-time job.

That being said, a good banning now and again gives a man a chance to review his priorities.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
I ban spammers almost every morning when I get to this site. They keep coming back with different names. Unsure how many IP addresses these clowns must have because once I ban them it also bans the IP address.
But there's another problem here at the site. Each day when I check in the site tries to reopen with another spam website called "adpubmatic". I have to close my connection and return a 2nd time to stop it.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
we added about three spam counter measures on the forum and they're still finding new ways to get in.
IP bans work but there are several IPs to ban and many bots to fight :(

Lee

·
Registered
73 Posts
my log in failed. i had to jumpt hrough hoops to get back on and now it refuses to let me reset my password. same stuff went on on trifive.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Look at all the spammers in the what's new section. Omg.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
The blue tabs at the almost top. You know "forum " garage and what's new.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
A lot of the spam has been cleaned up. If you see any more please use the report post function so we can look into it.

As for the pop-up, I will send that URL up to be blocked.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Now I'm officially embarrassed Mario! All this time here, and I never noticed that tab!!
That's the first place I go to check for new posts but it is not accurate sometimes so use it but don't depend on it. I've posted late at night and not seen it show in the morning like there is an expiration of so many hours.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
A lot of the spam has been cleaned up. If you see any more please use the report post function so we can look into it.

As for the pop-up, I will send that URL up to be blocked.

Thanks,
- JB
Thanks for the help. FYI I just got duplicate emails of all my recent subscribed. It's been happening everyday. I think a bug has latched on to our email database.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts