Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Axle width for Falcon

13K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dbshelton 
#1 ·
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what Speedway straight axle width to buy for my 65 Falcon. The problem is the car is completely disassembled and the body is on a rotisserie in my shop, so there's not much to measure. I've looked up the dimensions of the stock front track width (55") and by measuring the stock lower control arms, spindles, hubs, and mounting bolt centers, I came up with about 56 1/4", but it's all kind of a shot in the dark. I'm guessing that I would want about a 48" or 50" axle width to finish 56 1/2" or 58 1/2" hub to hub?????? Am I on the right "track"?? The stock rear end measures 57 1/4" (flange to flange) for a stock rear tread advertised width of 56". It would seem that ideally, the front should be a touch wider than the rear??

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Hung the fenders and mocked up a set of similar-sized tires. Looks like the 50" axle (58.5" hub to hub) is the one to get the "Look" I want. Now I gotta decide if I'm going with the Speedway kit, or???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.