Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, the car transport system is a mess! Does anyone out there have any recommendations? The guys that advertise in the HAMB have no time for me.....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you know someone in the used or new car business, they can get onto a program where they enter the pickup location of the vehicle and delivery location. Then the trucking companies give you a bid on the cost. I just shippid one back to Kansas for $700. Worked pretty slick. They have references and get rated on delivery time and safety. Let me know if you need the web address and I will call my friend up. I don't think you can log on the site unless you have an account.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave, Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you know someone in the used or new car business, they can get onto a program where they enter the pickup location of the vehicle and delivery location. Then the trucking companies give you a bid on the cost. I just shippid one back to Kansas for $700. Worked pretty slick. They have references and get rated on delivery time and safety. Let me know if you need the web address and I will call my friend up. I don't think you can log on the site unless you have an account.
That would be awesome! please send it over! it is approaching the point where I can just drive down there and get it myself.....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The site we used is called centraldispatch.com You need to be a member to log on. Another possiblity is idispatch.com My friend likes the first one better. Good luck.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mike, thanks, but I just had a carrier call and they are bringing me the car for 750. so I pulled the trigger. It will be here on Saturday!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Good you found someone. I had my Mustang shipped last week. They put a hook on the steering arm and bent it making it impossible for me to steer the vehicle to load it onto a trailer. I had to call a wrecker which made me mad. My Charger is sitting in El Paso waiting for a truck and nobody seems to go there. I agree on your assessment, the car shipping business is a mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts