Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Yeah, it screams old 60's build! Not sure that cage could have passed even 60's tech inspection! Wonder what it looked like before he sprayed the cream and gray primer, or satin black? He may have hurt the value by fixing it up a little, instead of leaving the original old look.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Kind of what I was thinking also, Vall. I'm sure there is someone out there that would have paid big bucks for an "original" 60's Gasser. Hmmm :confused:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
:rolleyes:According to what's on the HAMB this car is family owned. Just can't find the thread. Had a 383 and tourqueflite. And now has a REAL tired small block. According to the last post that it's supposed to be "Street legal". Can't see that with no head lights.:rolleyes: Also the pic in the barn or garage is supposed to be where it sat for 40 years. "Just don't think so".;)

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Why would you doubt the barn picture isn't real? If you zoom in on the picture you can see it has old Radir wheels, and old cheater slicks. Those slicks fit the enlarged rear opening better than the Cragars and current tire set up. It's also got a lot of surface rust, and defects that indicate it's untouched in that picture.
The 383 was a Mopar engine, and sounds like they wanted it and the Torqueflite for another car. The 350 does sound long in the tooth, and just put in to sell the car. Definitely not street legal in most states. It went pretty cheap, but needs a lot of work to finish too!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put that in the wrong place. Meant street legal with no lights. Don't think so. But I did see pix on the HAMB at a car show w/tags. But no lights.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car has been relisted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts