Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a complete A-40 Devon and will most likely get it this Spring. Its packed away in the back of a storage building so thats why it'll be springtime.

Anywho, let's see some pics!! Old Gassers (Such as Jr. Thompsons or "The Myth") or current Gassers!! Let's see them all!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vall, I like the A-10 better for the fact of the front fender doesn't mold into the running board. With a removed running board it looks cleaner and you can't do that on an A-40

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vall, I first saw your car a few months ago before I joined this sight. I did a google search for Austins and I thought it was a Prefect/Anglia also! The grill reminds me of a Diamond T pickup. I don't mean that in a negative way because its very COOL! One thing about it is no matter where you take that car you will be the only one with that grill.........unless its an Austin convention.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Vall, I first saw your car a few months ago before I joined this sight. I did a google search for Austins and I thought it was a Prefect/Anglia also! The grill reminds me of a Diamond T pickup. I don't mean that in a negative way because its very COOL! One thing about it is no matter where you take that car you will be the only one with that grill.........unless its an Austin convention.
I never see one anymore. There were actually two of us in town. Mine and a friend's '41 Austin done up as a street rod. Gayle was the West Coast BDS blower rep, and retired to Hawaii, and took the car with him. Now I don't see any. The grille is actually 8 pieces with a center bar. 4 pieces make up each side, and they lock into each other, with a bracket holding them on each edge, and the bar down the center. Takes two people to assemble it, an even then a few tries to keep it together while it's snugged down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should ad....Feel free to post any Austin pictures! A-40s, A10s, Pick ups, Bantams, anything Austin!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts