Gasser HotRod Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Pontiac Astre Safari wagon (71 Vega nose)
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's for sure. Plenty of sweat equity. To bad you don't get it back on resale. That's why this is my last one.

·
Administrator
13,328 Posts
I figure if I sold any of my gassers I might end up with maybe $4-$5 per hour for my time! But I enjoy the build part so much I could never really keep track of my hours.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just build it! I'm using a period correct body. Every thing else, heh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There's no profit to be made from personal satisfaction, the margins are small even for professional builders. The obsessive hours I've spent on fabrication and the smallest details will probably not be seen or returned monetarily
Creative minds are a bit different.
What ever it is considered to be, it's mostly done now and I'm hoping to be ready for the Woodward dream cruise this year, I live a mile away from it, and have participated in each since 1995, except the 2 times it was cancelled. Thanks again for all the encouraging support.

·
Administrator
13,328 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures! Personally I'd say you nailed it! The stance is great, the tilt frontend is a nice addition, and it looks the part off a late gasser. Great job!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'm 72 and been around drag racing since my teens. I'm fully aware of the gasser years. Having said that, if I were anywhere and saw your Vega I'd be saying "what a bitchin looking gasser".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks, some paint and graphics are coming next.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks guys, I lost a little momentum the year, but I'm pumped again and ready to finish the build. I'm following other members on the forum and it's inspirational, I'm still working on a name for it.

·
Administrator
13,328 Posts
I've always liked Vegas ever since they first came out!! Even more so the wagons and panels. They remind me of miniature 2nd Gen Camaros.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It is a nice GASSER! You don't need paint, the black looks killer with the red windows and chrome wheels. Run her like she is and enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Vega build will be cool. Can't wait to see the pics along the way. Pics you posted show the car and your taste in Gassers is great. Spot on. How bout a first name so we can make it feel like home.
I just looked at them again and its Killer!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
This is the car, so far. Still making some changes and refinements. But they are never really done, are they?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts