Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my lap top go hay wire when I was trying to post pics on my build thread. It quit working and page came up I had a virus. I ended up wiping everything clean and having to start over. I'm not to computer savvy so some terms I use may be wrong here. After I got everything reloaded back on here I waited a couple days and tried again, same thing, screen starts flickering, and then finally I had to go through the whole process again to get it working right. This is the first time I've been on here in a month and everything has worked great. I never had a problem like this before but 2 times on this site. I really like sharing my build and keeping up with everybody else on here. Anyone else have any problems? Like I said, I'm no computer genius. I've kind of taught myself what I know so it could be something else all together. I can't post pics like I normally did now, can't get them to load fro my phone to My Drive. That happened the second time it went crazy.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
This should be posted in the auto guide help section. Admin techs need to see this. It's been happening too long. You are not alone. I think this site has been hijacked to stop us from using it. It does act like a virus while here.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Weird stuff again on this site , but first time anything weird has happen personally to my postings,,,,I know there has been alot of discussion about it but this was my first weird thing,, anyway here is what was weird.

Earlier today I replied to this post, but now hours later I find that my reply was not posted, ,, it seems to have just dissapeared.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Additionally, I saw that it was accepted and listed below the previous post, just like I see this one is here now. We will see it this one disappears.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I've had the virus thing happen too vht. And I've also had the disappearing post thing happen to me! At first I thought I'd failed to finish the post properly, but after it happened again I knew it was the site.
I had all sorts of weird issues over the last year when they did their major update. But they all ended when I downloaded a free copy of "Adblocker". I think some of those things that show up as "viruses" are programs that redirect your computer browser to send you to some other weird site. That too happened to me often before I added an ad blocker.

Moving this thread to the Autoguide Support area.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, really didn't know where to post it. I've had weird things happen, post disappear, big space in my post where you have to scroll a mile to get to the rest of it. My lap top went down completely twice. I hope somebody does something about it, this is a cool site. Vall I'll try adblocker. It's hard to find anything you can trust. I tried the Mcafee or how ever you spell it, and my computer got really slow. It would take forever, like dial up, and I had my daughters boy friend look at it. He does this stuff for a living and I'd tried everything I knew to try. He found that it was the fault, he took it off and it went back to normal.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
My computer guy loves Kaspersky, and puts it on everything he works on. But it still doesn't stop pop up ads, or redirects. The free Adblocker program really made my laptop run faster!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Vall, your right, that Adblocker works great. Some things that happen I blame on myself, and a lot of times I'm right, I can screw up good sometime.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Thanks Vall, your right, that Adblocker works great. Some things that happen I blame on myself, and a lot of times I'm right, I can screw up good sometime.
Occasionally I go to a site on a Google search and it tells me I need to disable Adblocker or add them to an OK list. I usually just don't use those sites when I get that message. Never want some information bad enough to modify my Adblocker to allow them to download their cookies and ads.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey vht and all,

I want to recreate this issue. Does the 'virus-like' thing happen only when you are posting pics in a thread? Or it happens randomly? What device and browser are you using? How are you posting your images , what method are you using?

For those experiencing issues with disappearing posts, do you recall the post content and what section/thread (title) you had posted in before you noticed it was gone? If you can provide links to the threads where your post was supposed to be (let us know what post # it would've been), we'll take a look and see what's happening there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thank you Natalie for looking into this!

Much appreciated!

Tom

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey vht and all,

I want to recreate this issue. Does the 'virus-like' thing happen only when you are posting pics in a thread? Or it happens randomly? What device and browser are you using? How are you posting your images , what method are you using?

For those experiencing issues with disappearing posts, do you recall the post content and what section/thread (title) you had posted in before you noticed it was gone? If you can provide links to the threads where your post was supposed to be (let us know what post # it would've been), we'll take a look and see what's happening there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie
Hello Natilie, Here is the only thing that has ever happened to me.

On this thread called "Anyone had this happen" I was responding to post #2. I used my normal way of posting without pictures.

1.) I used the area that was open at the bottom of the page below the thread. I just started typing.

2.) I wrote a few lines of text (no photos).

3.) Without any time delay, clicked on the "Post quick reply" tab at the bottom right.

4.) Initially the normal thing happened, meaning I saw the post I had just created, it looked like it was all normal. Additionally, I saw that it was accepted and listed below the previous post. Then when I logged off and logged back on a few hours later, I saw that it was just gone as if I had never written it.

5.) I immediately wrote and submitted another note using the same exact procedure I have just listed, and it worked. Then it did not disappear.

Oh, also I am using Google Chrome as my browser, my post should have been #3, I re-posted right away so I am there (56 VIC) as post #3 but that was my second attempt.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Natillie,

Just FYI, this posting above just worked normally, no issues at all. The problem we are experiencing seems to be one of those intermittent problems, if is was a car it would be very difficult to diagnose! GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
643 Posts
Natilie, If you are open to other problems we have lots,,,

For example, last night posting pictures in the normal way I have used successfully several times, the system locked up my computer 3 times and I quit trying.

Can you tackle our picture posting problems? this is an area that has a lot of consistent problems for many members and of course it is one of our favorite things.

Thanks Tom

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Natalie,
This was just pointed out to me by a member! Looks like someone or some group is preparing to attack this site. 43 guests listed below at 3:12 p.m. and all with very strange user names:

0ce8jnb6v5
0m63we7r8r
1ik6wey42f
1ro1jnj4p1
1vojjnvp31
2hn1b6g75i
2lp3b6t22b
3fw0jne4a7
3mp84jw29v
3s56we6n3p
4da62cm64h
5mj1ou3zh0
5nj71io47s
5ss2b6l13m
5xc66ua44e
7oa3b6g15a
7rj7jnm9i7
7rs4b6q86k
7tu8jnb6k9
7vq68su62i
8je9jng9b1
9au9jnc3i9
9jx7b6i33o
9ze5b6g27d

Hope something can be done before they launch a virus here!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
It's probably the same user working around being blocked. Posting images from our computer leaves an open door to our personal info. I bet that's why the way I posted with the YouTube video was blocked after and stopped working.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Natilie, If you are open to other problems we have lots,,,

For example, last night posting pictures in the normal way I have used successfully several times, the system locked up my computer 3 times and I quit trying.

Can you tackle our picture posting problems? this is an area that has a lot of consistent problems for many members and of course it is one of our favorite things.

Thanks Tom
Can you elaborate on "locked up" ? Are you getting error messages? What sort of issues happen when you load an image? I will need more details on this.

Natalie,
This was just pointed out to me by a member! Looks like someone or some group is preparing to attack this site. 43 guests listed below at 3:12 p.m. and all with very strange user names:

0ce8jnb6v5
0m63we7r8r
1ik6wey42f
1ro1jnj4p1
1vojjnvp31
2hn1b6g75i
2lp3b6t22b
3fw0jne4a7
3mp84jw29v
3s56we6n3p
4da62cm64h
5mj1ou3zh0
5nj71io47s
5ss2b6l13m
5xc66ua44e
7oa3b6g15a
7rj7jnm9i7
7rs4b6q86k
7tu8jnb6k9
7vq68su62i
8je9jng9b1
9au9jnc3i9
9jx7b6i33o
9ze5b6g27d

Hope something can be done before they launch a virus here!
Guests dont have designated usernames as they are not registered accounts, so the system sees them that way. They could be spiders/crawlers which comb forums to gather information (Google page listing, Archiving, ect). I would not be concerned about these.

If they do turn out to be spam bots, they would need to create an account and post, which will be caught by the site staff.

- JB

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ok, on the "Locked up" issue I had,, I found it was not related to this site.
I have loaded other pictures since, and I believe it was a problem related to my computer.

Thanks again for your help on the posts disappearing after they were posted. That is the only thing I have had happen to me on this site.

as far as locking up if anyone is interested....I was re-sizing a picture in a editing program and my computer just froze for over 20 minutes. I had to unplug it from the wall to get it to do anything/shut off.

Thanks again for you help on the posts disappearing after they were posted. That is the only thing I have had happen on this site.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts