Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats what every one thinks, but no, and it is functional, my truck is a turbo 2.7, for every thing that goes out the exhaust something has to happen (clue) and do you know how much time it takes to hole saw thru the newer metals, with out nicking the paint or denting the fender and getting them with in 1/32 from each side, so you can believe it does something, I hate the poser crap and the turbo exhaust out the side>>>>>> why give away the fact you are running a turbo, I like to see the look on the ricers faces as I pull away from them, the only poser stuff I am guilty of is leaving the 327 engine emblems on my 1966 L88 427 impala...... ahhhhhhh the Muncie bang and clang I miss it

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cold air box is under the hood next to the exit on the fender, cold air comes in from a spout in the grille witch feeds the air to the engine and any excess air is bled off, on low demand, on high demand, there are then 2 sources of cold are that can enter the air box, I HATE K&N filters and prefer a good paper element with the dirt that is in the air from bad roads, here, I have some serious money in the turbo set up so i dont mind for going a few ponies to keep every thing clean coming in,I have used K&N's on motor cycles and found that the carbs had grit in the throats after about 200 miles, stock paper ones still had grit but much less

1 - 9 of 9 Posts