Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hello and Welcome 56chev! I think you will find a few NC members here. I am in Hubert, NC, actually Swansboro, but the USPS decided a few years ago to give us a Hubert address. Anyway, we're all "Gasserholics," nostalgia nuts or whatever you want to call us (just be nice). You'll find a wide array of vehicles, a wealth of knowledge and experience and I think, the most open, honest and cordial group of guys on any forum on the web.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cptnbob i was hoping to find enough cars here in NC to maybe start some sort of drag event. I know of three other gassers in the area who would be intrested.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I honestly don't know how many gassers there are still around the area. I haven't been involved with the sport since the late seventies. I recently decided to build a street rod, started out thinking I would build a prostreet style machine and found this site and these guys have inspired me to build another old school gasser. I'm really not interested in getting back into drag racing. Just want to take it for a Sunday afternoon drive once in a while or maybe a few local car shows. I love your idea though and hope you are very successful in your endevour. I tried recently to contact some of the guys I used to race with around Fayetteville , Sanford and Lumberton but had no luck. There were seven of us in the area that ran Angilas during the late sixties and seventies. It sure would be nice to see and talk with some of those guys again. If you get something put together please let me know. If I find anyone interested I will certainly let you know.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I recently was reacquainted with a guy I used to hang with back in the day. (late 60's early 70's) Used to cruise around in his Nova SS350 with he & his wife. After the drag strip closed, EPA stepped in and killed off the "muscle car era" we each went our separate ways. That was 40 years ago!!!!!

Lots of things have changed.... our first wives passed away...... kids all grown up ..... grand kids ..... one thing that HAS NOT CHANGED ..... we are still into "hot rodding"

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
John, A very familiar bitter-sweet story. I too can relate to those times, changes and fond friends. I also moved several times over the years. Lost contact with a lot of those friends and managed to stay in-touch with a few. And, as you said, "one thing that HAS NOT CHANGED ..... we are still into "hot rodding." :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts