Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a call from a friends wife about a month ago, she wanted to have Dans old oil tank fixed up for Christmas.

So I sent it out to be blasted.

Then after some light body work and cleaning of all the parts, I sealed them with some DP sealer from PPG.

Then yesterday I started to paint.

And this morning I assembled all the parts and even stuck a new decal on the front.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's awesome! I know that'll make one happy man on Christmas. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That would be some awesome garage art! You probably have room......I don't.......but sure wish I did. :)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Darn Steve that is great looking. You did a great job on it. Not sure how the prices are on the Left Coast, but the prices for oil and gas stuff out here has just gotten crazy the last 2 or 3 years. Lucky man to have a wife that would think of doing that.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That looks great! My grandpa has stuff like that in his pole barn and it was always fun to go crawling through it to find things like that. I am sure that will be an awesome Christmas present.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Those old oil tanks, gas pumps, gas station displays, signs. island oil can holders, etc do make nice garage art. I knew someone who was trying to sell a couple oil pump tanks but they were twice as large. Plus they were not cheap!!!!

Thanks to TV shows like "American Pickers" finding deals on practically any old car, gas station, etc, etc stuff are not only hard to find but usually pricey.

Another good one to have would be an old "gas station air pump. They are not that big so even a small shop like mine could find room for one. But again, they do NOT come cheap!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts