Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever see or even use a set of these before? I got these from a guy on ePay a while back 'cause I thought they were kool.
With the popularity of gassers (especially tri5 Chevys) lately, somebody should re-pop these.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Interesting. I've never seen or heard of them. I've seen the newer mini spools that eliminate both side gears and spider gears, but not anything like that. Wonder how it holds up with simply removing spider gears and having those lock up with the side gears? Seems like a lot of pressure on the side gears when making any tight turns with them in place.
I run a Power Trax locker in my '71 Camaro, with C clip eliminator kit, but it unlocks on corners. I'd prefer not to run a spool or locked rear on the street myself.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Boy its been a while since i saw these. If i remember correctly they were used mostly for round dirt tracks. Dont think they would hold up for drag racing. I could be wrong. Back in the 60's they didnt have the power that they have now.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Nope only one set, sold it on eBay a couple of yeas ago. Kinda sorry I did now.............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts