Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was responding to a post in the "Projects" section, and every time I typed in the word "wear" it worked fine, but when I hit "post reply" the resulting post has "wear" twice in a row in my reply, like I typed it twice! I tried to edit it, but if I brought it up to modify the post, it only had the word "wear" once. Only way it wouldn't double up in the post was to completely eliminate that particular word.
Pretty weird stuff.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's doing it again in my Falcon project post. My reply #938 I typed, " Haven't had any luck getting my wipers going" but it came out as "Haven't had any luck luck getting my wipers going" when I posted it.
Now here's the really weird part! When I went there and copied it as the forum showed it with "luck luck" and pasted it here, it came up correctly, with the word "luck" only once! What the heck? If I delete one of them at the post, it still comes up twice. If I delete both, then it's totally gone. Weird!

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doing it again in today's update on my '63 Falcon project post. I typed "blowing" once, but when I post my reply the forum doubles up the word! Weird. Can't edit it, as when I bring it up to edit, it's only there once!

·
Administrator
317 Posts
wow this is definitely an odd one... it has to be a browser related issue as I can't think of any vB plugin or script that can cause this. What browser are you using?

Can you perhaps provide us a screen shot of this error and URL link to the thread that the double post occurred.

Regards

MD

·
Administrator
317 Posts
IE 9-10 are the most buggy browsers for vB scripts unfortunately. Not much we can do in our settings as it is a browser related configuration that is causing this issue for you.

Regards,

MD

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Getting kicked off

Anybody notice in the last week or so that when typing a message that the Gasser site goes frozen and the internet has to search for the problem and kick you back to where you started. Getting to be a pain. I haven't changed security, internet or anything else. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Anybody notice in the last week or so that when typing a message that the Gasser site goes frozen and the internet has to search for the problem and kick you back to where you started. Getting to be a pain. I haven't changed security, internet or anything else. Any suggestions?
Im not having that problem on my end . is it your phone or the computer?
mario

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Mike youre not gonna believe this but I just got the blue screen of death after I replied to the thread. I really think its a coincidence cause my machine will do that every once in a while at a boot up.
funny though.
Mario

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
do you use firefox or explorer? what OS are you using?
mario

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Mike
Do yourself a favor. Install free download Firefox from Mozilla.org. Explorer is integral to windows system. When you catch a bug it messes with your system. Firefox is an add on so if it gets infected you fair better from an attack of malware. Plus Firefox will update on an as need basis for new sites out there in the web. You might also run or install spybot to pu malwares. I use free Microsoft essentials for virus. Works great.
I only use Firefox on Mac and my pcs for Internet browsing. I learned the hard way.
Mario

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I loaded Firefox up and live is good again. Thanks Mario!!!!
awesome Mike.
glad I could help. I have microsoft essentials running every night while I sleep and so far so good for me.
mario

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I recently had issues with every site I looked at pictures. Didn't matter if it was a forum or my photobucket account, it still wouldn't let me see the pics. It turned out my Explorer was scrwed up from some update it automatically loaded one day. I eventually called my local computer guru and he walked me through fixing it over the phone, and it's back to normal now. But in the duration of fighting it I could still use Mozilla and it worked everywhere I went without a hitch.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have the same problem when I use my older version of explorer it drops the tab and has to search for a fix on line the browser is out dated I just use google chrome then there is no problems

1 - 19 of 19 Posts