Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
But it is a Pontiac so it's a good start. The LS's are a hell of a motor. If I weren't such a Pontiac nut job I'd be building one of those. I had a really nice '89 Toyota Supra Turbo that I popped the head gasket on getting too greedy with the boost. I was about to build an LS for it when the '63 Catalina came up on Craigslist and the owner took the Toyota on trade for it. If you're just hanging out enjoy the site and maybe you'll get the gasser bug. Build that GTO but look into finding an old '55 Chevy or Henry J and get into the gasser mode. Then we can really get you going. Glad you came on board. Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome..... where in Texas????

My brother lives in Plano.

He has a red "last-gen GTO". He just had a supercharger installed on it a few weeks ago..... a FAST CAR!!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome..... where in Texas????

My brother lives in Plano.

He has a red "last-gen GTO". He just had a supercharger installed on it a few weeks ago..... a FAST CAR!!!!
That would be Joe? If so we are practically neighbors.

In all seriousness I am considering a straight axle with an effort to capture a modern Gasser image. As an alternative I am considering going for a tri five and using this engine/drivetrain combination. I've got a thousand horsepower to the wheels, just trying to figure out how to have the most fun with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi ya and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Missed your post

That would be Joe? If so we are practically neighbors.

In all seriousness I am considering a straight axle with an effort to capture a modern Gasser image. As an alternative I am considering going for a tri five and using this engine/drivetrain combination. I've got a thousand horsepower to the wheels, just trying to figure out how to have the most fun with it.
Somehow I missed this reply you made a few weeks ago. :confused:

Yep.... Joe is my younger brother. I am the one who started all of this "hot rod stuff" in our family .... L o L!!!!

A straight axle under that Goat would surely blow-away some heads no matter where you go!!!! Magazine car for sure.

Our next trip to Plano we'll have to hook-up if time permits. Would LOVE to see "Dorothy" on the drag strip..... My brother just "stares at his".....ha!!!! Now that he has the supercharger on it maybe he'll give the drag strip another try????? I'm sure it'll run decent.

As you probably know he has "HAD a LOT of work done to his GTO". That's where we are so different. I like to do it my way and keep my hands as "dirty as possible". :cool: With the Opel I'll have my hands dirty for a LONG TIME.... I couldn't begin to list all that's gonna to be done!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts