Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Gasser, just signed in, im sure we can help each other.....I have a few Gasser projects going at present.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello fellow Gasser, just signed in, im sure we can help each other.....I have a few Gasser projects going at present.
Welcome. Sounds like you have some sweet projects, can't wait to see them. Let's hear some more about them. I hope to see some more posts soon.
Greg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Brief History

Im 67 yrs old. I grew up in the Pismo Beach area of central Calif. I started building dune buggy's at an early age with my Dad, who was the Vice Pres. of the Dune Riders Assoc. Was racing dune buggy's before I had a drivers license. Then drag raced mostly at the closest drag strip which was Santa Maria. Then to most of the tracks in So. Calif. mostly Lion's. My first real street rod was a 46 Willys Panel in my early years of high school. I put a 301 SBC in it out of a dual engine dragster owned by Bob Knots, Collyer and Knots. Pretty fast and very squirrely as I remember....Blew the engine and bought my first new car, 65 El Camino, 300Hp sbc.4sp, 12 bold posi. Put a Dontoph 30/30 cam in it with high rise and Holley, Hooker Header,Hurst shifter and Casler slicks and went racing.....fun time, bought a Super Modified and raced mostly Atascadero and Santa Maria for four year, that was exciting, but loved the old Gasser's, one week end we parked next to Jr. Thompson in the pits. I just loved those Gasser's. And still do. I have several cars, my priority build is Ernie Nicholson's original 41 Studebaker, Super Stude, I bought it from Dr. Lockjaw in Oregon, who built a new chassis for it. Tony Nancy built the late model blown Chrysler Hemi originally, and im trying to duplicate it at present. Hoping to have it back on the strip next year for Pamona or Bakersfield, as Erni is still with us, and would love to have him there, and do a signing....Here is a few pic's as it was found, I will ad more later. Thanks guys, I enjoy following your builds...
Sorry, having problems uploading pic's. Went down to 59KB still not working, must be doing something wrong. Have to go for now. Later:):):confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome Gasserted! Love to see pictures of the Studebaker! Theres a couple posts here on the Forum telling how to attach pictures, maybe try that.

As for the buggys. Did you have Bugs or Waterpumpers? I know this is off topic but I'd like to see some pictures if you have any!! I love the old Waterpumpers!! If the Sight Administarators object. thats ok. Maybe you could email me some pictures if you don't mind. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts