Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im a noob to this gasser thing, but ive been helping my dad in the garage since I was 6. he has a few (4) mustangs and ive been at the drag strip since I was born.

recently, earlier this year, I bought a 1975 alfa romeo alfetta sedan. since its the closest look to a Datsun 510 sedan.

and I will be making it a gasser!

so here I am, on a new to me forum, saying hello to the group. :cool:

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
What an awesome idea for a gasser...be sure and check out Marios MG on this web site under projects...also welcome aboard....we love pics here of all the stuff you are doing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to check that out now. thanks!

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think the Alpha would make a great gasser style car! Much like some of the old Opel Cadet style gassers I think. Unsure if they are unibody or a full frame, so might take a fair amount of chassis strengthening to make it handle V8 power. I know I had lots of that on both of my cars, as my Austin sedan and Falcon both needed stronger chassis to work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! the front two rails are rotted out. I figured id clean it all up, and then start my subframe work. I did body and paint for 5 years before I joined the army. so welding is fun too. and it will probably be my favorite part of the build.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome, your going to like it here!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is my new home haha. going from RC rock crawling to Gassers... best choice ive made in awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts