Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my monthly newsletter from Haggerty and saw the notice of Vic Edelbrock Jr. passing June 9, 2017. He was 80 yrs. old.
Vic inherited the company when his father passed away from cancer at age 49. Vic was 26 at that time, and built the company from 10 employees and $450,000 a year sales, to hundreds of employees and multi-million dollars in annual sales.
Vic was also a past president of SEMA, and was also a pilot, and racer.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's was sad to hear of the passing of another pioneer and pillar of the automotive performance industry. Few names are more recognized than Edelbrock in the performance world.

I was at the local dragstrip the Saturday evening after his passing. Before competition started they had a moment of silence in memory of Vic, Jr, It was very touching.... You could have heard a pin drop! A real show of respect, not uncommon of the racing community. And, I think it speaks well for the track owners and management.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
that is sad to hear. My heartfelt condolences go out to the Edelbrock family.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I was able to volunteer for the vintage road races at Pacific Raceways several years ago. Vic was the Guest celebrity. He and his daughter both had their beautiful road race Vettes there. After the races there was a hospitality tent for the volunteers to have a meal and beverage. Vic came down and spent a couple of hours just working the area. He sat and talked with myself and a couple of other folks for a bit and signed a couple of autographs. What a humble man, both he and his wife. My thoughts were with them when I saw the news.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I was able to volunteer for the vintage road races at Pacific Raceways several years ago. Vic was the Guest celebrity. He and his daughter both had their beautiful road race Vettes there. After the races there was a hospitality tent for the volunteers to have a meal and beverage. Vic came down and spent a couple of hours just working the area. He sat and talked with myself and a couple of other folks for a bit and signed a couple of autographs. What a humble man, both he and his wife. My thoughts were with them when I saw the news.
Thanks for sharing this, Mike. What an honor and privilege that must have been....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts