Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's set to go in july. Not put on by HotRod mag. July 12th sunday, reg in Denver, race july 13th. July 14th race in Pueblo. July 15th race in Great Bend Ks. July 16th race in Kearney Ne. July 17th race back in Denver and awards. They will open it up to register 2nd week in Feb 2015. It's in my back yard, so I might just do this instead of HotRod drag week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm almost sure I'll do it, since hotrod changed rules on gasser class where it excluded my model A unless I update it to run in the faster A/gas 9 second class. B/gas is what my car would be legal for but I can't run it there. So I'm thinking this is where I need to take my car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, I hope to see you there! I almost certainly won't have the time/money to compete with my car, but I do intend to come and watch. If you need a hand, let me know and I'll try and help out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll be looking for you. I need to get busy and rebuild my supercharged SBC. I'm putting my 383 tunnelram in it so I can continue to drive it. It makes about 450HP, where my 6/71 blown SBC made 650HP.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Registration will open feb 14th and only 300 entrants. If interested, google Rocky Mountain Race Week. They will be paying out money for the top winners in each class. $300.00 gets you a weeks worth of racing and cruising the countryside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, found out today the gasser class will go by last years drag week rules other than you can run 6 71 blower OR nitrous. Superchargers are legal in drag week, but nitrous isn't. NO turbos though which is fine with me. Saturday is the day to try and get in, with 300 entries. Even Larry Larson said he's doing it along with Joe Barry and Tom Bailey and Lutz with the evil twins. Seeing these guys race first hand is worth the admission. I'm a small fish in the scheme of things, but I'll still fly the gasser flag. I may be the only one, but will still push it for all it's worth. I would have thought more guys would at least comment about this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Saw this post from the Rocky Mountain Race Week on Facebook:
" We have quite a few cars registered so far, but we would love to see more!! Thank you to everybody who has registered so far, I have sent a confirmation email so if you haven't got one then re send in your info.So far we have 73 entries.
38 in True Street
9 in Limited Street
6 in Unlimited
5 in Pro Street
4 in Hot Rod/Gasser
3 in Ultimate Radial
3 in Rowdy Radial
3 in Sport Compact
2 in Outlaw Street"
Looks like a good amount of people without being over the top like the Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week has become. Still pretty bummed I won't be able to make it, but who knows maybe if the stars align and there is room towards the end...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw on another site that the gasser/hotrod class has 2 hotrods speaking up. So that leaves me and another, and he could be a hotrod or gasser. I may take it by default if I can finish. I've finished drag week 4 years in a row(not without thrashing on it though) and don't see any reason not completing RMRW. RPM magazine will publish a list with pictures of who is doing it this year. They emailed everyone registered and wanted info and pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts