Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can buy new caps and rotors for accel duel point distributors? The distributor number is # 3100 and ser # c 66007. And are they worth using or converting to electronic? Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
395 Posts
have you tried a google search? If they are not available any longer it might be an ebay item. I will do some research

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have one that is #34something and I think the part #s are on the sticker on the side. The friend I got it from said it just uses a Mopar cap and rotor and Ford points.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Small block chevy I'm going to run a edelbrock tunnel ram with two fours so I will have to run a small cap distributor. But I didn't want to put a fortune in it either any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey flyn A. I too am running a tunnel ram. I ran one just like it years ago and I had to get rid of my HEI and go to a small body/normal body distributor so it would fit. Well I found a great buy on a brand new unused Summit brand HEI and sent for it. Got it home and layed it on the work bench when--DING--that little 1 watt bulb lit up in my head just illuminating the sign that said "Dumb Ass, ya need a smally body dizzy because of the tunel ram". I could not believe I did that. DAYYUUMMM!!!!! Markus D'Idiotus

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark, i too have brain fade from time to time, i came upon the accel distributor for $30 haven't bought it yet something told me to check on replacement cap & roter first but can't seem to find a listing in jegs or summit on the distributor # 3100 or ser # c 66007. Andy

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Im not an expert but I believe the accel clamp style only uses these two styles. ford and mopar caps. If you go msd distributor you can use a old gm style points cap. looks nostalgic also. thats what i did when my bei accel quit on me.
I would think the second 120326 mopar style is the one.
mario

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Im not an expert but I believe the accel clamp style only uses these two styles. ford and mopar caps. If you go msd distributor you can use a old gm style points cap. looks nostalgic also. thats what i did when my bei accel quit on me.
I would think the second 120326 mopar style is the one.
mario
I agree:cool:

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
http://www.jegs.com/i/Accel/110/8320/10002/-1?sendroicid=bbef8492-2d00-41d6-b158-38db0de2603c&catargetid=1716046196&sendroikwd={keyword}&gclid=COTQg-_XyLQCFQ-f4AodBS0ApA

this may be the kit you would need

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I just noticed the item description shows 34 series. wonder if its the same as 31

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
I was thinking the Accel used a '55-'56 Chevy style cap, but maybe it was the MSD? If you want a small distributor and electronic, then buy a used Chevy V8 points distributor and install a Pertronix kit in it. I've got this setup in my '71 Camaro, and my Austin's 327, and I have had great service from these.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Guys, ya'll don't waist any time getting back when someone has a guestion or a problem, now I know with way to steer in my search. Thanks again, Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts