1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help Mike. I have a ZZ383 stroker 425hp 450ft lbs torque crate engine from GM and a turbo 350, still has the 57 Olds rearend.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4:88, 31 spline and 29" tires I will be putting in some 3:42 in next year to make it a little more drivable but the 4:88 are fun for now.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice, nice ride. 4:88's make it sound like your really going thru the gears. Love the fast wind up (I turned the sound way up sp I could hear the rpms) and very smooth sounding car. Mark L

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, it wasn't my first choice for an engine but you can't beat 425hp and a 2yr warranty on a 60 + year old car. I just finished my first oil change when I took this video, and still getting used to the car again. I have just over 1000 miles on it so I haven't had it wide open yet, it's a hand full but way too much fun.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Yeah, I bet those 4.88's are fun, and quick winding! Probably tough to keep the frontend on the ground when you do hit full throttle! The 3.42's will really make it nice for the open roads! Even my 3.73's are a bit lower than I like for cruising at more than 60 mph. I'm hoping to find a 200R or a 700R this fall and swap in an overdrive over the winter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking after reading your post I my go with a 4spd auto too. Gears and parts for this rearend are pretty costly and hard to find.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Yeah, I bet parts are spendy! I've got a Pontiac 10 bolt from a Canadian Paresienne (sp?) and it's a real oddball. Rearend shop had a heack of a time finding parts to change it from 2.73 to 3.73 gears. If it ever gives up I'm going to get something more common and swap it in my Austin.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Great little Anglia Gasser. This one really pulls at my heart string. Many years ago I spent countless hours in, on, under and around an Anglia Gasser. Several of my friends and guys I raced had the more popular early model cars (late 40's and early 50's). Memories of that little '57 are forever etched deep in my soul. I pray you too will some day feel that same appreciation, joy and pride.

And..........Thanks for the short ride! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts