Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my ol' '36 turned 25,000 miles together on my way home from work today. It's been a fun ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get a lot of satisfaction from it because I built the frame from scratch (something I've never done) and it hasn't fallen apart yet.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
That is a great milestone! I'm about halfway there with my Austin gasser! Doubt the Falcon will ever make it there, unless I swap to a more economical engine!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I get a lot of satisfaction from it because I built the frame from scratch (something I've never done) and it hasn't fallen apart yet.
Well that sheds a whole new light on this subject. I bought my car built and had a new engine and transmission built for it just because I wanted something solid and hopefully dependable. And of course because I had a one time shot for life in the money department as a gift from my wife. Knew I better make the best of it. But if I make 25.000 miles and still have some thing to drive I'll call that a major victory!

I don't get nor deserve the great satisfaction of building my car from the frame up as you have done, and I can imagine how proud you have to be of your car and your self for making it happen in the first place. And last I liked hearing you were on the way home from work when the miles turned. A daily driver, is something my car is not. Great job !!!

Gary J.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Wow that is great.....I got 25k plus on my rigid frame BSA I have the bad neck and back to prove it, is that the original flat blue at the beginning of the 25k if it is it has held up really well, got any pics to post on the frame and build here some where??

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pic I posted is about 1 1/2 yrs old but nothing has changed much since. Here's a build pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Gary i would never have expected less from your skills. I can tell you are a great builder. That is a great Milestone. Congrats

1 - 11 of 11 Posts