Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats for sure,, but if you notice,, some of those drivers stayed on the throttle, even after it was obvious the car was out of control, thats what I meant by grandstanding,, but surely a crowd pleaser, at the owners expense, a few of those drivers did a great job of getting the car under control , without destroying it,,
takes some huge "Cahones" to risk life and limb like that,

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I wondered if they stayed on the throttle on purpose, or if they either had a stuck throttle, or panicked and couldn't get their foot lifted!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wow! That brings back some all too familiar memories. Luckily... I never destroyed a car but I took a few really wild rides before getting the "handle" on the Anglia. A couple that actually made me week in the knees after a few minutes back in the pits. At the time I was much younger and all of the other expletives that went with the youth. I think when the adrenalin kicks-in, add a little macho, 5 or 600 horsepower and in about 3 seconds one can create more havoc than can be instantly corrected. It sure makes the spectators go crazy though. :D

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I think I could stay in the throttle a lot longer when I was young and invinceable. Now I'm out of it pretty quickly when it gets a little squirrely.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Although I've raced over the years I've not had enough seat time or powerfull enough cars to get that far into trouble. My Firebird could have had I taken it to the strip more, but I plan to do a lot more with the Catalina. IF I EVER GET IT DONE, LOL. I have a problem with always tearing the cars down or apart to make them better, then I never get much time to drive them. Someday, if I ever grow up, I'll get more miles on a car. Mark L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts