Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
VALL..... It does look nice & the price seems reasonable.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be a perfect candidate to build a gasser. I'd probably set the body aside and scratch build a rolling chassis, and then just drop that body on without changing a thing on it! It's perfect the way it is! Well maybe some lettering! ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was always intrigued by the Anglia. Somewhere amongst my pics I have a Anglia with a 454 and 2 natural gas pumps on top. I'll post pics someday when I find them.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Interesting how all of us here have been drawn back into the "earlier" days of our "hot rodding experience".

I don't need to tell you that even though the "old hot rods" (NOT Street Rods) are still 'old hot rods" (NOT street rods) in our current times we have returned to the "roots" of our "need for cars".

I recall how much the STEADY barrage of high performance cars from Detroit influenced so MANY of us (if nor ALL of us) so much so we left behind those "older cars" for Detroit's latest creations.

The true high performance cars like NO others before them ..... went beyond anything we could have ever dreamed about prior to those"glory" days .... the muscle car era LIVES.....

TURN KEY high performance cars that kept getting "better & better" with the coming of each model year.

Very few car freaks hung on to the early iron. Again, most of us drove our cars all of the time.... Snow tires & all. So having new cars capable of being used for daily transportation was a "win - win".

Eventually those who could afford to had a 2nd car but that would not come for most until we got older, graduated from school & settled down into a REAL job. By then the short-lived "TRUE" muscle car era was fading way until nothing from Detroit was worth owning.

Then overall most of the frenzy of hot rodding became practically ..... about then street rods became somewhat popular. Some former drag cars were converted to street rods but most did not resemble the HOT "hot rods" of days gone by. Othesr lie dormant put away in garages, barns, under tarps or sadly discarded in JUNK YARDS everywhere like how we throw away an old water heater or fridge that does not work anymore.

As I have said many times before .... as I look at what's happening at car cruises, shows & drag strips everywhere it is amazing how MANY people have returned or are in the process returning to the "roots of hot rodding" again.

For years now each cruise season brings MORE & MORE growth ..... so much so at times I can hardly believe this is actually happening...... who would have "thunk-it" !!!!!!

I can hardly wait to see what happens this year & to hear about what others like myself are working on.

TELL ME THIS IS NOT JUST A DREAM...... I am sure I am NOT the only one pleasantly surprised by what's happening in the "hot rod" world again.

THINK SPRING !!!!!

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you've described a trend that's happening all across the USA John! Not sure how many people follow through, but when our group of gassers goes to a local show we get all sorts of people coming up and saying they plan to build a gasser, or want to build one. One thing that surprises me though is that most of these guys are in their late 30's or 40's. I don't hear many guys our age talking about building them, and I hear many older guys talk about how bad these cars ride, or handle. If they are talking directly to me I usually try to gently correct the myths of poor handling, but if I just over hear it, I let it pass. The guys who are actually planning a build will ask all the right questions about setting up the suspension, and many will have their cameras or cell phones out taking pictures of the installation.
I spoke to one fella last year who had purchased an early Falcon after I got mine on the road, and was well on his way to building something similar with SBC power. We talked 5-6 different times at shows, and he took pictures each time to assist on his Falcon gasser. I hope to see him driving it this year, as that would be great to see he's followed through!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts