Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Throttle response is quick! That's too pricey for me but hopefully,some day. That motor is meant to have a straight axle under it,,thanks for the video. Mtrhd

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D/Gas,:D
Yessssss. You have to get that motor running soon
spring is on the way.
From the picture it looks like a mechanical set up.
Any thoughts of running on the street or just the strip.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Laddy, It should be running in a couple weeks. I am waiting for a custom made aluminum fuel cell that will be fed from the cell in the trunk and then return back to the rear cell. I have to get it anodized because I am running methonal. YES this will be driven on the street on a limited basis but mainley at the track,also yes it is a mechanical injection. Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
d/gas,
Glad to hear you will be up and running in a couple of weeks.
I thinks its awesome that your machine can handle the strip as well as the street.
Whats the deal with the anodized tank?
I'm sure that it has something to do with the methonal.
All I know is that you need twice as much methonal than gas.
And now I understand what you said limited street.
That could get mighty expensive.
________
Laddy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Laddy,
This car is 100% street legal and the reason for getting the cell anodized is because of the methonal is corrosive. Actually the methonal usage is 1.4 times the amount of racing fuel and the engine runs cooler. I would be paying over $9.00 for a gallon of good racing gas. I just bought methonal for under $3.00 per gallon and get much better performance you just have to know how to tune it. Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Brian,
Thanks for the info.
I thought the methonal was more than
race gas.
$3.00 per gallon is'nt that bad.
Good luck with the new tank and getting her fired up soon.
Keep us posted.
_________
Laddy

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
I believe the cost for a new hilborn efi
set up would run about $6500:eek:
Costs a lot of money to look cool. But if I had the money, I'd put one (or eight :D) on my car.

That engine sounds so cool. Talk about throttle response.

Brian, get a video of yours up when it's runnin.

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
You gott'a love the way mechanical injection looks, espcially with the stacks coming out of the hood. I'm running a mechanical Hilborn set up on my engine, love the way it performs but it is a little different...

I sure enjoy this site!
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK, let's try that again!

If this doesn't work - I'm pretty much done (not much of a computer guy!) If they don't show up there is a picture of my engine in my profile.
Ron

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Ron, love the truck, the injection, and would love to hear the truck in action. Any videos of it running down the track? Who Dat Say 6 in Row Don't go??? Mark L

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mark,
We took some video shots of it the first summer we had it running (2009) and my son edited them together into a kind of cool little clip. Most of it was shot at the 1/8 mile track in Sturgis, SD and a little of it at the Gasser Reunion in Thompson, OH. It shows some 7.60 1/8 mile passes but we have made some changes (different cam and some valve train work) and it was running 7.30's last summer. Anyway, it isn't the greatest but it will give you a taste...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isq9LZyPgzU

It's not exactly a gasser but I was too far into the build when I got the gasser bug!

Ron

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey ron.
Thanks for the video.
Very impressive.
A fuel injected straight six.
Now thats something you don't
see every day.:p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts