Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'll be getting some pics up soon i hope. My computer is old and slow so I'll have to have my beautiful wife help me on her laptop:cool:.
For now a quick briefing on the impala. I got it back in march and the prostreet project had already been started. Narrowed ford 9 in rear, ladder bars and set up for coilovers. 2x3 sq tubing backhalf welded into original x frame as well as floorboards. Done really nice. All the tub and alum work was done. Has 8 pt roll cage as well.
So far i have redone the dash myself, it was rusty needing some tlc. I also have one door panel done with a one off diamond plate pattern. Had the arm rest and sunvisors covered by a co worker who did amazing and wouldn't accept payment.
My garage is pretty small to the drivers door panel will have to wait till i can roll the car outside to get to it. I removed what was left of the 48 year old wiring and started fresh. Bought a fuse box and dove right in. I am pleased how it turned out for my first wiring adventure. EVERYTHING WORKED THE FIRST TIME :D.
I have also sand blasted the front frame had applied eastwood chassis coating. I have a bare block sitting in the engine bay now to get everything mocked up. Car was an original 327 auto. Since you cant use my name and automatic in the same sentence, you know what had to happen :cool:. I have always loved the mopars and have had and raced a few. Anyhow I have a mopar 833 4 speed trans with the slick shift mod done by myself. It is street friendly because i only milled every other tooth off the sliders and left the dog teeth on gears alone as well as the factory syncros. Faster under load shifts with the ability to down shift and be street friendly like a stock trans. Of course using a mopar 4 speed in a chevy would not come without mods. Had to modify factory impala crossmember to clear the main case on the trans and weld a plate on it to move the trans mount back 6 inches to line up. Also modified the factory chevy trans mount to fit the mopar. Next i made my own shifter bracket to get the shifter in right location for me in the car.
Really cool shifter that isnt available new anymore. Its the hurst super shifter 3 which has the reverse lockout. Its been rebuilt by hurst and is ready to go.:D
Last for now i picked up a set of headers off craigslist and they are loosely bolted to the bare block for mockup. Made my own clutch z bar and i'm working the ball stud frame bracket. Headers in place to make sure everything clears.
This does it for now guys, I will get some pics up as soon as i again. Enjoy:D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Looking forward to pics of the beast. Sounds like a excellent platform already started.

Mark

·
Registered
699 Posts
There is a guy with an early 60s impala around my area. He has a cage and big meat in the back. It looks awesome. One if the best impalas I've seen in a while.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet!! hoping mine will look awesome as well. Cant get pics resized to show everyone. Dont know how i guess and
There is a guy with an early 60s impala around my area. He has a cage and big meat in the back. It looks awesome. One if the best impalas I've seen in a while.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is all i have for now guys. I will take some more pics soon of my mopar 4 speed adapter plate and home made shifter bracket, some wiring installs and other stuff. Thanks for looking.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts