Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at AF/X, Gasser and other styles, I finally decided to keep the 64 Dodge the way I found it. I had the cage certified for the track before I started doing any other work to it. The inspection revealed the crossbar at the top of the windshield and the crossbar behind the driver were both to thin walled. After replacing those it certified for 8.50. I doubt if I ever have it that fast, so I am good with that. I started building the floors and puttering with it during the lockdown this year as racing of any type was pretty limited in the Northwest. I am still not sure what class it will go into, but thinking Super Street. And yes I know it isn't a gasser. But thought you might be interested. 20180914_142714.jpg 20180914_142355.jpg 20180914_141616.jpg

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
of course we are interested Mike, I had no idea you had started a 64 Dodge project car. How cool is that. love it. keep posting for us. Hope all is well with you and good to hear from you.

PS I am jealous you have a lift in your garage. LOL

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
What a piece of JUNK and a Mopar to boot...since you are a fellow Washington resident I will do you a favor and bail you out of this one...let me know how much for it...............lol....pro street ????

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I had a 4 post lift also. That was a buddies lift right after I got the car and was inspecting underneath. I did just get a 2 post lift, so will see how that does. The roll cage was installed with no consideration for the floor. So it was like a jigsaw puzzle cutting pieces to fit and still look halfway decent. 64 dodge 12.jpg 64 dodge 16.jpg 64 dodge 9.jpg 64 dodge.jpg

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Cool Mopar Mike! I have always loved the '64 Dodge and Plymouth ever since I was too young to drive! My older sister dated a guy who had a brand new '64 Dodge with 426 wedge engine, and 4 speed. I was 12 yrs. old and he took me for the ride of my life! Fortunately he married my oldest sister, and I got many more rides over the years he had it!
Looking forward to how you take this one!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Progress photos from this summer. 64 dodge 10.jpg 64 dodge 4.jpg 64 Dodge 18.jpg 64 Dodge 19.jpg After finishing up the trunk I moved on to the interior. Lots of cutting of cardboard and measuring to fit all the little areas.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
All aluminum filler panels Mike? Nice detail on the upgrades. Was this ever raced before, or was it an in progress build when you got it?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, never raced. Built in the mid to late 90's. They caged it and built the tube frame. Rear axle, front axle, and motor were there. Not much else. All interior panels were shaved. The partner to the build (with the money) took off and left the car to the other fella. After 18 years of storage, he got remarried and had a little one and momma wanted her garage back. So out it went to a new home.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Those midyear

Mopars were always my favorite AWB cars. 65 Dodge.jpg I realize yours is a Polara and the photo is a Coronet but hey, they're pretty close.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am always interested with what others have going on. Pictures are like candy and Halloween is coming. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Beautiful bead rolling work Mike! I really love those little details on the panels to strengthen them, and also make them pretty too.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful bead rolling work Mike! I really love those little details on the panels to strengthen them, and also make them pretty too.
Boy, I wish I had the tools to do those bead rolls. Not my work. Got the generic interior set from Jegs. I agree that they do add a little bit of flair to the panels. Thanks though.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Wow! I didn't realize that anyone sold generic panels that type? That's a nice option for those of us without a bead roller!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Mike the wheels in the one pic...front wheel, is that your pick for the car or some that came with

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike the wheels in the one pic...front wheel, is that your pick for the car or some that came with
If it is the Centerlines, it came with the car. I am going to use the Fenton style wheels off my 38 for the fronts and ordered some ET Team III s for the rear. I looked for a set of old style wheels but the cost for the older ones was more than a set of new ones. Also they are running 5/8" studs, so the wheels needed to be drilled to larger size to fit.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts