Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought y'all might enjoy my friends Falcon gasser start. he is going to look at a 460/c6 this week for it plans glass hood, fenders, trunk lid strait axle, 9". He is lifting it off the jack stands with one hand in the shot I can't believe how mutch lighter it seems than my Comet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
There are just certain things that set off different types of cars, straight axles and radius wheelwells denote a gasser right away, even though many gasser did neither. It's still a cross the gasser world has to bare, and I love it ,ha! Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
latest shots .....

Nice work..... same thing on my "to do list".......

I found a set of Competition Engineering rear frame rails at a swap meet last Fall that will get me started on the rear mods I want to make.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might be a few months before we get back on his 62 he is (deprostreeting) his 65 to make it a daily driver. The axle was set up for 4 link with coil springs and we cut all the old mountings off. Pierre has found spring set up for about $120. The jeeps have steering shaft with Borgison (SP?) joint on each end that we took also and we hope to cut the Falcon steering box from the shaft and move it out from the 460 exhausts way using it.

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
Those Jeep axles are a very affordable axle, and are really nice with their modern disc brake setup. The tie rod can be welded to a one piece by incorporating the two ends and a larger center section welded in. That will retain the adjustment, and make it even stronger than stock. I know a couple guys who've used that axle with either Speedway spring kits, or 2500 lb. trailer springs.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts