Gasser HotRod Forums banner

61 unibody Frankenbilly

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 ·
Getting the motor mounts today, had to fab up some angle plate,...( SBC, volare front clip, f-100)...working on finishing the mock up for motor and trans mounts..and then onto the steering. Chyrsler really like LARGE steering boxes! A guy can drop a buck to to hook up his steering column

#5 ·
some pics.

Haven't try to post pics here, so, no guarantee.....got the basics of the motor mounts going...all lined up...ready for weld. Got some 1/4 x 1" stock to use as support gussets to minimize flexing. Had to go with the speedway face plate...as you can tell from the one pic...ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM around that steering box to utilize stock mount position. All in All ...pleased with the out come thus far. Gotta tell ya...had a tech rep from a very reputable hot rod shop tell me that if I have problems around the steering box...to just "MOVE" the engine over a few inches to get the right clearance!...What?....Appears I have just enough clearance around the spline shaft to fit the "u" joint...Hope to not have to "generate " clearance on the header...appears..I am incapable of loading a picture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.