Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello group
one owner 61 chevy my father bought car new. drag raced it till 65 drove it till 71
car was not driven for 40 years till i got it and did frame off restoration the first time i drove the car was on the drag strip 1/8 sideways all 4 gears. the name of my car is bubble trouble. born and raised auto mechanic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I love the early '60's Chevys. This is the first '61 Chevy here that I know of. There's just something about the front end missing parts on a car that makes it a race car. It must have been a fun car in it's day. A big welcome to the forum Bubble. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about that car. When I was 15, my first ride on a HOT car was a built 283 '61 Chevy. He ran that thing to 8000, on the street, on a regular basis. That was my first real introduction to a high winding small block. Seeing your car brought back a great lost old memory. I thank you for that and glad you joined up. Mark L

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey BUBBLE TROUBLE,my kind of guy,love your car,That's what I wanted to build something Different. Like a bubble top,64/65 goat,66 cutlas,or early catalina. What stands out in my feeble mind is 64 Impala I saw as a 18 year old in 1968 in Calif.I never was too crazy about 63/64 Impala's,But this car was baby blue with solid white inside,one of my top 10 that I remember,probably 9 of these we're gassers.always been a GASSER NUT.I used to see a sight some where called STREET FREAKE I suppose people we're making fun of them but most of them really tripped my trigger.I have a 56 chevy semi gasser.WELCOME to gasser hot rods,these guy's praise,and don't run you down like Luther sites. THE TEXAN

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
My first car was a red '61 Chevy rag top..... which for most of us is a "good memory". Kept it for quite a few years. Even had it shipped overseas when I was stationed in Germany and back to the U.S. when I got discharged.... June 1968.

Time flys when you're having fun!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts