Gasser HotRod Forums banner

281 - 295 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Good morning Gassers from the Crystal Coast! It's hard to believe it has been almost two years since my last post. Time is too quickly passing me by. I have made no progress on the Morris as getting settled and situated after the move has been agonizingly difficult. There have been many "bumps in the road," not to mention some minor (thank God) health issues to deal with. But we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are yet a few remaining chores to complete the garage, i.e. running air lines and completing the installation of the HVAC system. Mostly, I have yet to sort through the dozens of boxes of "stuff" that are stacked inside. It's most frustrating when I get into trying to do something and need something I know is in ONE of those boxes! So, I have pretty much resolved to the fact that I am going to finish the move and relocate process before I attempt to restart the Morris project. I just trust God will grant me the time and health to "getter done."

I have dropped in a few times to try to keep up with what you guys are doing and I'm still amazed with the comradery and support that is shared here. Keep up the great work and I hope to be back on-line and in the garage in the near future.

Hope you all have a great day!

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Hey Robert it's great hearing from you. Hope all goes well health wise. The car and garage will always be there. I was just thinking about you recently and you said it's been 2 yrs. holy moly. Time does fly. Thanks for dropping in. Keep the spirts high and we will wait for you.
Welcome back

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hi Robert,
Time, it's everybodys enemy in many ways. I let 8 years go by after I had purchased my Willys project car. I had it in storage so for me it was out of sight, out of mind. So, the important thing is that you're back and as you said in the near future will be back in the garage with tools in hand. Looking forward to seeing some posts with photos and progress reports.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Good morning from the sunny Crystal Coast!

Thank you guys for the warm welcome back and your kind words of encouragement. It's a stark reminder of the support and enthusiasm I have been missing all these months. I look forward to being able to get back to a normal routine of checking-in and being a part of the Gasser HotRods family again.

Hope you all have a great day and a safe and enjoyable Independence Day weekend, I'll be working. Burn some gas, smoke some tires and take lots of pictures!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Welcome back Robert! We missed you. Time does fly by. But take a little and get everything fixed the way you want it in the shop and then you can get a good start back on the car.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Thanks Mike! You guys sure know how to make a guy feel good. It's great to be back!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Well, it's been almost another year since I have posted on the lack of progress on the Morris. It has been difficult walking into the garage almost daily for the past three years and the only thing I see happening with the car is the accumulation of more dust.

My buddy Skeet stopped by today and visited for a few hours. Time always flies when he's around. There's never a dull moment either! Anyway, by the time he left we both agreed it's time to go back to work! I think he probably sensed I needed some encouragement to get things moving again. He's definitely an inspiration. I call him the "sheet-metal wizard." He reminds me a lot of Pro Metal Steve.... Where is he anyway?

So anyway, plans are to get the '50 Ford "Altered" over to Skeet's garage in the next couple of weeks and he's going to help me replace some sheet-metal in the cab. Then I can get it back to my place and put the running gear, wiring and breaks back together and have something driving. Then we will get on the Morris body. It'll require much more sheet-metal work to get it ready to go back onto the chassis.

So, I am jacked about getting back to work on one of these projects. I'll be starting another project thread on the '50 Ford within the next couple of weeks so stay tuned and wish me luck!

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Good for you Robert. I for one can't wait to see that beast running. I'm sure the rest will too! Sometimes when we break it feels so good to do nothing. And your conscience tells you better. You're at that point now. Take it slow and ease back into it and I'm sure you'll get right back in the swing of things. I wanna see progress reports and miss hearing the crystal coast weather. Welcome back my friend.
Ps last I heard from steve he was becoming more involved with his new very large shop. Boces classes and all. He was also in the middle of a move which I'm sure more than tied him up for a while. Like yourself. As far as I know he's ok.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the Ford, and also seeing the Morris going again! I looked hard for a Morris like yours when I found my Austin. Always loved the body style!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Welcome back my friend.
Ps last I heard from steve he was becoming more involved with his new very large shop. Boces classes and all. He was also in the middle of a move which I'm sure more than tied him up for a while. Like yourself. As far as I know he's ok.
Thanks, Mario! I didn't realize Steve had moved also. I do hope he is doing well.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Looking forward to seeing the Ford, and also seeing the Morris going again! I looked hard for a Morris like yours when I found my Austin. Always loved the body style!
Thank you, Val! I seem to remember you mentioning earlier that you knew a guy that had several Morris cars and maybe even a truck but wouldn't part with them. Maybe you should look him up again and see if he has had a change of mind. :D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
7-2-17B_Kylinn.jpg

The grand-kids are hoping it's finished before they start driving! :D :D

Just a test to see how the new program is going to work. So far, so good!

Maybe I'll start a new thread for the '50 Ford. I'm in the "git 'er done" mode. Gotta have a ride!!! :)

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Hey Robert
Miss you and your weather reports captain.
hope your well when you find this.

281 - 295 of 295 Posts