Gasser HotRod Forums banner

261 - 280 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
After cutting the rear end loose last week and getting it all squared-up I had a change of mind about the rear shock mounts. Rather than mount them to a cross-member, I decided to mount to the frame rails. I already had the cross-member out so I drilled the rails with a 1" hole saw and inserted the sleeves my friend Andy machined for me sometime back. I'll replace the cross-member that was removed and probably add another where the frame is Z'd along with moving the driveshaft loop back a couple of inches to help stiffen the frame. I also tacked some brackets to the frame and rear-end and made a track bar. I'm not in love with the track bar yet though. Probably some changes to come with that also! I think when the weight goes back on the chassis it may be at a better angle..... just not much room in there to work with.... :confused:

Well.... I'm having difficulty uploading pictures. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
I haven't tried to upload anything tonight yet Robert but I will try now here. seems ok . Im uploading from my desktop. Is that what you are doing also?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Thanks, Mario. I haven't been having any issues with uploads until now. I click on the Add Files button, the window appears, click Browse, select the file and when I click on Upload it just sits there. :confused:

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Sounds like you're sorting things out on the shocks. Just don't make the mistake I did on the Austin. I wish I had made adjustable shock mounts with multiple holes to allow height settings. I usually use my Photobucket or Hunt101 accounts, so no problems adding links that way.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I think maybe I figured out Photobucket. :) We shall "see."

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Awesome Robert. Great pics too
Mario

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Thanks Guys! It feels good to be back "up." Vall, I did us adjustable shock mounts and have already discovered the advantages. I'll probably back-up and make some longer track bar brackets with some adjustment.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Thanks Guys! I'm really about ready to be done with the chassis part of the build but I keep finding more to do. Just don't want to get it together and wish I'd spent another minute or two. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Not much progress to report on the Morris lately. To cold and damp and just not enough hours in the day either! I ran across some HP goodies advertised on the local Craigslist and couldn't help myself.... My curiosity just wouldn't let me rest. I contacted the guy and made arrangements to go by and see just what all he had, the weather wasn't good for much of anything else anyway. Turned-out, this guy is liquidating a machine shop business that he and his partner have been running for quite a number of years. They both enjoyed racing, he round track, and the partner drag racing. The business pretty much funded their hobbies. Ken hasn't raced since 2001 and more recent health concerns have persuaded both to give it up. They are selling their parts first and their tools and machinery later. I spent a couple of hours with Ken talking shop and reminiscing the golden days. Ken was very successful running the NASCAR Stock division and had developed quite a reputation for his crafty machine-work. And like many true gear heads, he doesn't mind sharing his passion and knowledge with fellow gear heads. He even shared a couple of tricks of the trade with me.... probably new I wouldn't remember 'em till I got back to my truck! :D Anyway, I bought a few small parts, wished I had a couple million more dollars and after stopping for a reality check told Ken I'd see him again. He asked me to pass the word about his parts and so I have added a link to one of his eBay adds. From there you can see all of his listings. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251435612638?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Good Morning Gassers! It's been quite a while since I've posted and there's still no progress to report on the Morris. I am one month into moving due to the "eminent domain" law. The property we have called home for more than 30 years is now needed for "better use of the public," i.e. the expansion of US Hwy 17. With little less than two months remaining we have purchased a "new to us" home and are anticipating the start of construction of a new garage this week. I'm hoping to have everything relocated by Thanksgiving and possibly get back to work on the Morris before year's end. I must admit I'm excited about getting a new garage. I'm hoping to get it set up and more organized than the old one. Although it'll be larger I'm not certain it'll ever be large enough. I'll try to keep you all posted on the progress and may even have questions from time to time for suggestions on organizing the new shop. Keep up the great work and enjoy your projects, each of you are a tremendous encouragement.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Wish you well in your move Robert. Hope all goes smooth for you. Remember lift with your legs and use a hand truck whenever possible. Last thing you want is a sore back during the move.
Keep us posted.
Mario

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Bummer to have to move, but hopefully you and your wife got a better place, and the larger garage sounds great! Looking forward to seeing updates on the Morris!

261 - 280 of 295 Posts