Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gasserhotrods forums,,,,, my new favorite time gobbler! Hello GASSER fans!

Just bought a stocker,,now its a GASSER project.

Saw a 56 Ford Victoria gasser and knew I had to have one.

Searched the internet,,,it is now enroute from Missouri to my garage here in San Diego,,can't wait.

I took a quick tour of the forums and I do not see alot of 56 fords done as GASSERS,,any ideas? Lets start this thread in another catagory,,let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome, i am a newbie here myself and a couple of the guys seem like good buddies already! That looks like a clean ride you got. Cant wait to see the project. Steve

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There probably aren't a lot of 56 Ford gassers, but there are a few from the mid to late 50's on here you can probably draw information and inspiration from.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A big welcome to you 56VIC. Yup, we got a perfect spot for you right here on the forum. I'm not a Ford man but you can give the Cebby guys a run for their money LOL. A '56 is the perfect base to start and yours looks to be really solid. We love all gassers. I've also seen several Ford Tr-Y's on the internet and they really look good. Looking forward to your build. Glad you found us and for allowing us to share in your fun. MArk L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Gasserhotrods forums..... it is now enroute from Missouri to my garage here in San Diego,,can't wait.

I took a quick tour of the forums and I do not see alot of 56 fords done as GASSERS,,any ideas? Lets start this thread in another catagory,,let me know.
Welcome Vic..... Have always liked the 55-56 Fords. There have been a few guys stop in here from time to time.

Saw this car at Thompson's Gasser Reunion last June.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hey Whiplash, this crowd seems great ,, I have found that the Gasser crowd usually has a fabrication and hands on approach as opposed to the guys that just buy and drive. So thats right up my "gasoline alley". The build may be interesting to you guys so i will do some pics. It is a pretty solid car, but i did not want one to clean, cuz of course I need to CUT IT UP move some things add a straight axle etc. I'll keep it posted.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
19mach69, \

Thanks,,I agree, I have not seen alot of them,,,,thats why I was drawn to them,,,big leap for me cuz Ihave been a Chevy guy since I started driving,,,although I never took it to the extreme, I figure variety is the spice,,,,

56 VIC

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marks63pontiacgasser, I just mentioned to 19mach69 that I have been a Chevy guy myself for years. Know them pretty well but the ford stuff is a big change for me,,I'm told I need to build a 408??? start with a 390,,put good parts on it and later change the block out to go big on HP,,,its all fuzzy to me now..got a lot to learn...if it were chevy numbers I have talked and built them for years :)

56 VIC

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mt94ss, Cool pic, I have not seen that pic yet.
Within the first five minutes of arrival ,,I'm going to yank that front bumper off and the parking lights too. They gotta go,,,i think the blue one you posted would be even better,,with those off,,,What is your opinion???

56 VIC

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
opel gasser, Great little video 10 secounds with a big wheels stand,,way cool.
56 VIC

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prostreet, Thanks, gotta ask what kind of "trophy" r u holding in the pic?? Sorry i cant help my curiosity sometimes.
56 VIC

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
When I get all built up i wanna look like this!

Been walking around the car shows for years thinking ,,"What would I build if i do a gasser,,,Below is the car that is my "Role MODEL" I saw it and knew immediately that it was right for me,,,,,started searching and two months later,,my bank account took a hit!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hey Whiplash, this crowd seems great ,, I have found that the Gasser crowd usually has a fabrication and hands on approach as opposed to the guys that just buy and drive. So thats right up my "gasoline alley".
Hey Vic..... those are some pretty good observations (actually complements) for someone who has not been on this forum for so long.

There are not many cars here that have been bought "as is" and the ones that have been don't stay that way for too long.

Our "Hands On Ways" of doing things here are done for many reasons..... 1st is because we like to (it's in our DNA) - most everyone here have been doing it for so long we know don't know any other way - We TRY to be LOW BUCK .... build it - make it or fabricate it because we can't (or don't) want to buy or have others do things for us unless we have to.

Then there is ProShop Steve who is in a world of his own .... .... Steve is "the main man" on this forum in SO MANY WAYS!!!! His "skills" and years of experience are a true "blessing" for all of us..... especially when we need some "help" along the way. His posts, tons of pictures are "priceless. Not to mention how he "befriends each one of us" like we are "family" no matter "what" kind or type of car we have.

There is no doubt the "spirit" of this small group of GHRers has a unique "bonding" that is not only unique but also refreshing compared to other similar web sights/forums.

So again.... welcome...... "you gonna like" .....

·
Registered
395 Posts
welcome 56 vic! Great forum indeed. You'll find everyone is friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive of your project. Glad to have ya. My project is a 64 prostreet Impala.

·
Registered
164 Posts
See what i mean. Haha, its like a big ole support group! And so many ideas on hefe from so many folks. I am a beginner as far as the fab work, but its time to dig in. All these guys and projects are definate motivators! I never paid much attention to the vics before now, but the pic you posted of the one that got you hooked is really cool. Now i can ad those to the list of cars i want when i win the lottery. I agree on your first few minute with the car. Lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard 56 Vic! Not much I can add to the accolades! Addictive may be somewhat appropriate......but most definitely motivating......:)
This is just one of those places that makes one feel like family..... almost instantly.

Love your choice of the 56 Victoria. Looks like you have a vision and great plan. :cool: I look forward to watching and enjoying your gasser transformation. :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey Vic, did you notice that the Ford gasser of your dreams is also an Altered. The rear has been moved forward about 8 inches. Looks good though. Mark L

1 - 20 of 41 Posts