Gasser HotRod Forums banner
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Nice progress. Just curious about the placement of the calipers? I never noticed any rods with calipers in front side of wheel before. Is there an advantage to doing that?

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
They work the same on either side Mario, but the only benefit might be cooling. I've had to put them on the front occasionally because of clearance issues on the back side. I don't remember what was in the way, but when I did the conversion to disc brakes on my buddy's '69 Nova last year I had to put them on the front side to clear something on the steering. I believe it was the drag link, or drag link arm?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 · (Edited)
So, I'm behind on this build thread, but honestly not much has been done over the last couple of years. This video will get you up to speed on the build and I'll post more updated photos to bring it up to current status. I'm finally back on this build, you know how life goes, something things happen and build are delayed. But, watch the video and enjoy. Thanks and look for more updates soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
I was able to score a fiberglass hood and decklid for the project, and glass bumper too, even though I'll only be running a rear bumper. The guy had been running a blown 427 in his '56 Fairlane. He ran it as a race only car for many years. His racing days are over now and he's converted it to a street car now with a nicely built small block Ford. Really nice car. This gets me a little closer with mine.

203997577_10225624189214059_8411388962243070687_n.jpg

201 - 209 of 209 Posts