Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow gasser lovers, I started with a $500 55 210 2 door sedan with no nose and no windows or floors.I bought repop floor boards and welded them in along with a swap meet mustang roll bar that had to be shortened and lengthened in a few different ways.I also replaced rockers with repops.A swap meet glass nose that had the hood cut out was purchased for $200 of course had to glass it back in and make hinges.The drivers door was totaled and $4-$500 was out of the question on a budget but I bought a drivers front from a 4- door for $35.I was sure hoping it would work or I was out $35.I cut it top to bottom just clearing the lock cyl. hole,then I cut enough good off the rear of my totaled door and welded them together [after much measuring.Would you believe it shuts better than the pass side!I had a 301 that I built about 20 yrs ago that really needs freshened up but it still screams for what it is.Super t-10 and 9" rear from a ford van finish the drivetrain w/5.38 gears and a spool.Still needs a little bodywork and some paint or primer.Anyway if you want a gasser bad enough,a lot of work and not to much money you can build one.P.S. it drives very nice with stock steering box and econoline axle.best of luck to all,Larry

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Larry, now thats a cool looking chevy, and on the cheap! Just goes to show, you don't have to put a small fortune into a car to have fun.
Andy

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thats a great car Larry. Little bit of primer and no one will know the difference. You scored on the purchase price. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice budget work Larry. Hey, I could have you build me a gasser cheaper than the one I'm building myself. Geezz, now I think of that???? Heh.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Excellent, and even more so with an affordable budget and lots of elbow grease! You've done a great job on the '55!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts