Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 1953 chev that was going to the scrap yard got it for the cost of towing it home 2 miles .I built a tilt front end from 54 fenders and hood put a 500 Cadillac engine in it, the front axle is from a 29 chev front springs are late fourties ford truck. I'm trying to build it from parts I have laying around not from my wallet [I'm cheap] as long as it smokes the tires and makes a lot of noise what else do you need

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I hope you post a video of the finished project and it looks like you're really rockin' n rollin with the build. I've thought about an answer to your question and I think the right answer is "a woman of questionable morals".

·
Registered
647 Posts
I hear wrenching a-turnning … and where there’s wrenches, gottta be a gasser” “Welcome to the house of Gasser” Glad to see you started a thread with a bunch of pics. What a great car you've got there! In fact, some gassers in present day do salvaged the bodies, engines and mechanical parts from automobile boneyards. Some of the cheap donor cars and parts have now become expensive. I'll be following closely, you're build sounds a lot like mine.... because we are working with what we have or what we can find and it comes out looking gooooood and years later folks will try to replicate what we have done. Nice work fer sure looks bad S and that is a great stance!!!!!! I'm getting goosebumps and will keep a close eye on this thread pulling up a chair and getting some beeeer so early in the mornning

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary that link is to stabilize the steering box, I used the stock frame and that braces it to the other side of the frame

·
Registered
203 Posts
"I'm trying to build it from parts I have laying around not from my wallet [I'm cheap]"

Good for you ! ! ! ! I'm doing the same. Your car is looking terrific and the "unusual" engine choice is a total winner.

Keep it up and post TONS more pics ! ! ! !

Congratulations and welcome,

TC

·
Registered
647 Posts
Positively demented looking headers!!!!. Did you buy or DIY?? would like to see pic of the other side... will start to build mine soon. thanks for sharring..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1953 chevy

pick these up for 50.00 were big block chevy had to move front drivers side tube to the rear and make adapter plates that bolt to the caddy heads and bolt to the headers IMG_4573.jpg

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Nicely done! Love seeing projects done on a budget! That bracing, and mounts on your steering box look like they'll really make a solid setup!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Great engineering on this Chevy. Love the project. Hope to see your progress posts. Spare parts is awesome.
Great job.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm loving this build! Holy cow, you've made a lot of progress from the tow-it-home in pieces beginning. It's looking really great and really fun!

My favorite part of this thread so far? This quote : "as long as it smokes the tires and makes a lot of noise what else do you need?".....ha ha classic!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1953 chevy

thanks for the nice replies they help to keep an old guy motivated these are the seats I put in they are out of a grand prix with the head rests removed .I'm going to shorten the steering column, it sits a little to far back should have had the seats in when I redid the column to clear the headers but if I would do every thing right I would be all done and its to cold to drive it and I'm not putting a heater in it will be ready for the road when spring gets here

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts