Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and it is great. I am looking to see if there a fiberglass dog houses available for my 53 Chevy gasser. Any help of points in the right direction will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I am thinking your going to have to do that one your self.... I know that there is a mail box... but have not seen a dog house.....by the way welcome to the forum...and we would love to see pics of your avatar

·
Registered
644 Posts
Fiberglass?

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Make sure it's OK with NHRA to be made from fiberglass first, if your plan is racing. Since there could be so many variables, I doubt you'll find anyone making one for a '53 Chevy. And if a fiberglass doghouse isn't NHRA approved, maybe even less chance of finding one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for getting back to me on this. To let everyone know, I have found ScottRods Custom in Monroeville, Qhio makes a complete fiberglass front end for a 53,54 Chevy. They make others also. Their email address is www.scottrodscustom.com

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
So you were looking for a complete frontend? By "doghouse" I thought your engine was set back, and you were looking for the doghouse that covers the engine rear half when it's set back.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's what I thought at first, too. I was going to suggest an engine cover from a 60's or 70's van. Then I remembered that a "doghouse" was what a front end assembly is called in some parts of the country.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Dog house can be a one piece front, an engine shield, as well a inner fender well...also a nova front clip is called a dog house in some parts of the u.s.....also a dog house for bow wow. I thought a real dog house. cause I have not head the term in 40 years, but fiberglass should have been
a clue for this old brain, last time i even heard it they where using them on old funny cars as a engine shield....getting old and forgetting.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Yea its where I got the CRABS...ah Nevada I new you well when I was young.........LOL

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thought the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts