Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from Saturday. I tried to get some pics of the "gasser" type cars for you guys. Only a few because I had a 3 year old running around with me but it was a fun time for everybody. (unfortunately that red '65 dodge grenaded his bellhousing later in the day)

This one's for Lon!

And here's the little guy having a blast!

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Craig! I recognize the Willys Coupe as Kiwi Kev's. A very cool bunch of pics!
Was hoping you were posting about upcoming drags down there, as we're headed to SD in June to see our daughter!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vall, yup kiwi kev. Beautiful car, I just love it plus he was kind enough to let my little guy climb in and around and work the steering and shifter.

There's a couple events at Barona coming up in June, the weekend of 11th and 26th I think. Next one I'm going to try to make is match race madness July 9th.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Great pics craig, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey Craig, Thanks for the pics, I did not know I had a fellow "gasserhotrods guy" down here in southern California. I woulda said Hi if I had known you were at the Barona Darags,,,also, I sent you a PM. Tom

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Craig are you doing some early years indoctrination......future gear head...lol

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
I sure wish more guys would open their cars to the younger crowd to crawl into and get excited about! I think it makes a lifetime impression on them, and helps build future hotrodders! I don't let many adults climb into my cars, butt I encourage every kid who's interested to enjoy my cars!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah guys the best part of cars/hotrods for me is how my kids are interested. Especially my son he's just nuts about cars. I'm torn sometimes between encouraging it or shutting it down because this is going to get expensive soon! Just kidding of course I encourage it.

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Both of my sons loved it. The oldest was always under the cars with me, even before he knew what was going on. I'd be working, and suddenly feel something move beside me, and there he was laying there watching. He still is a car nut, but doesn't have a hotrod. His younger brother loved them, and still does. But he'd sell a car because it had a bad battery. He just was never interested enough to turn wrenches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts