Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 48 Thames that I have been working on for a little while ( as time and Money allows)
when I got the car, it was a project that a guy started back in the early 70's and for some reason never got finished ( sounds likely) it had a 1 1/2 # rect chassis, ( I was told it was a early TCI Chassis?? had a narrowed 57 Olds Pontiac R/E ,witha 4 bar setup, 4" dropped tube F/E with wishbones, with the body setting on it. nice rust free body,,
I was not real sure how I wanted to build the car, but I did intend to build it as a street rod, so somewhere along the way, I decided it needed a whole new chassis, so I bought a Chris Alston 2X3 tubular chassis with the racing light weight a arm front end, rack and pinion steering, on coilovers and I already had a Winters Grand national Q/C r/e from another project so I had it narrowed up to 48" .I bought a set of aerospace componants Disc brakes for all 4 corners. and started building. ( I also narrowed a 9" to also fit under it so changing (R/E would be a rather simple bolt in if I ever wanted to make a run down the strip,, :confused:)

for power Its got a blown 468 BBC, Comp cams, Nitrous full roller cam.
So far I've got the frame pretty much done needs some final welding, mocked up and got the wheel tubs done, I am at the point that I need to build a sub floor in the body and get the body to frame mounts done,,
Here are some pictures , and some other projects in there also,
/>http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/BADRAT01/

https://picasaweb.google.com/106336891618669151824/ALLANGLIA1BuildPictures#

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I really need to get together with you and see the Thames! Looked through the pics and it's a stunning build already!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Very nice photo album..... Lots of great projects and even nicer work!!!!!

What's up with the "Metropolitan"???? Cool looking project.

Also "love" all the "detail shots" you took.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Aircraft Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Tread Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Engineering Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Yellow Automotive exterior Thanks for the cudo's guys,, thats correct its the panel,, they called the 1/4 ton panels a Thames, ( I assume after the river Thames also called a pie wagon) maybe because they were used as delivery trucks in the large citys, ( another reason the aluminum rear doors got mangled so bad)
The Metro was streched 22" top chopped 3 1/2 " has a 572 BBC, strange eng R/E tube chassis etc, its designed so the body can be unbolted from the chassis, in one piece,, then the chassis can be driven without the body,,
its been a project forever it seems, but definately different,, its finally in the paint shop,, a few latest picts
are you refering to the "SHADOW" detail shot,, Thats what I thought about the way the guy had cut up the pan,,

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Wow. Fantastic concept and fit execution. That is some work there. Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The pics of your Thames and the other hot rods surrounding it make me realize my lessor roots.

GREAT WORK The kind of work I can only dream about doing or afford to have done someday/somehow.

Quality work like yours inspires me (and others) to TRY harder, do the best we can with the talent & resources we have.

With that in mind..... if you ever get to Pittsburgh we could..... :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Guys,, I havn't been here for a while, thought I would drop in and say howdy, Havn't hardly done anything on the Angla, as much as I would like too, in fact its in storage for a LITTLE while so I can get busy on a NON-hotrod project but hopefully bring in some hotrod spending cash,

Val,, its good to see you driving the Austin, sounds awsome , and a hand full I bet,

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Hey Bill! Is that Pontiac driving yet? Let me know if you're planning any runs to local cruises and we'll get together!
I'm planning to hit Mt Pleasant Grade School on Sunday. Oregon City.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hey Guys,, I havn't been here for a while, thought I would drop in and say howdy, Havn't hardly done anything on the Angla, as much as I would like too, in fact its in storage for a LITTLE while so I can get busy on a NON-hotrod project but hopefully bring in some hotrod spending cash,

Val,, its good to see you driving the Austin, sounds awsome , and a hand full I bet,
Nice to hear from you again. Look forward to seeing & hearing more about the Anglia.

·
Registered
699 Posts
What "Oregon Wetlands" are you from? The car looks good, I hope you are able to make some progress soon after you complete your non-hotrod project.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All of Western Oregon is a "wetland"!! ;)
Boy isn't that the truth? especally this year, seems the rain is endless,,
sorry I havn't been here in awhile, been pretty busy, trying to get a new business off and running, so its been pretty hectic
The Anglia is still in storage,, much longer that I antisiapated, But things are coming together fine,,
The Bonneville is getting close,, need to get the side windows back in and put the interior in, Gotta get it done before any nice weather is completely history
looks like it might be a pretty decent day today,, at least there is a bright shiney spot in the sky

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
You've been in the shop too long with the new business Bill! We've had a lot more great days this year than we ever had last year! Heck, I put 1500 miles on the Austin this spring already! (even with engine breakdowns!)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I know,, it does seem like a long time,, but we will finally be shooting a demo video next sat, and will be in production within a month,,( fingers crossed) been spending money like it is grows on trees , for shop equipment, then go into production,,
I will definately have the bonney together real soon, like maybe next week or so, gettin antsy for sure,, its been down for nearly 5 years, so its time to be going down the street, hopefully the Anglia will be right behind it like maybe next summer, sounds like I'm procrastanating now don't it?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts