Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Jw , if you use the Go Advanced tab below this reply box then go to manage attachments A window with browse buttons will navigate to where you have your pics and they should automatically resize from the forum program. I post 2 mb photos here and they get resized automatically. It will only let you post 5 photos in one post maximum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mario,
No success I just tried another and it gives me a error saying it can only be 600 x 800 and I would have to manually re-size it. To much trouble for me. I am on several forums and I have not had to re-size photos in a long time
Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Mario,
No success I just tried another and it gives me a error saying it can only be 600 x 800 and I would have to manually re-size it. To much trouble for me. I am on several forums and I have not had to re-size photos in a long time
Thanks for the help though.
you shouldn't have to resize any of them. maybe it has to do with restrictions due to you being new to the forum?
try these user settings in your profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Mario,
I have tried all the different ways but I guess my photos are to big 4608 x 3456 and the site says max size is 800 x 600
email me the pic. let me resize it for you and see if that is really the issue.
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Ok JW, it is definitely the pics you have. The camera settings are way too big, actually overkill.

You have 4608x3456 pixels with dimension of 25.6x19.2 inches at 180 dpi.

Usually the lower default camera setting at 72 dpi from 25 inches is more than enough for 8-1/2 x 11 printing at home. Your settings are good for poster size.
That is definitely why you were rejected at the photo uploader. They may have worked elsewhere for you but I can't speak for our IT guys and their settings here.

I can help out if you need to knock down the shots. Not a problem. Send them to me and i will send them back reduced for you if you like.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok JW, it is definitely the pics you have. The camera settings are way too big, actually overkill.

You have 4608x3456 pixels with dimension of 25.6x19.2 inches at 180 dpi.

Usually the lower default camera setting at 72 dpi from 25 inches is more than enough for 8-1/2 x 11 printing at home. Your settings are good for poster size.
That is definitely why you were rejected at the photo uploader. They may have worked elsewhere for you but I can't speak for our IT guys and their settings here.

I can help out if you need to knock down the shots. Not a problem. Send them to me and i will send them back reduced for you if you like.
Thanks,
So I should be able to change my camera settings ?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Thanks,
So I should be able to change my camera settings ?
you sure can. If you are not printing posters you are just wasting space and storage. check the resolution menu and see if they have a lower setting to use. You don't want too low so lets see if what your settings are first.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
My Canon has lots of choices, but I leave it set at 480x640 as that seems to load quickly and give good quality for forum posts. If I want to take higher resolution images for specialty pictures, I crank it way up. When I took pictures of my Austin for Gasser Wars Magazine they wanted extremely high resolution so the images could be resized for the article. The resolution was so large I had to send the images 4 at a time through my email provider.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Canon has lots of choices, but I leave it set at 480x640 as that seems to load quickly and give good quality for forum posts. If I want to take higher resolution images for specialty pictures, I crank it way up. When I took pictures of my Austin for Gasser Wars Magazine they wanted extremely high resolution so the images could be resized for the article. The resolution was so large I had to send the images 4 at a time through my email provider.
Well I learned something today, I set my camera at 480 x 640 so I will see how that works. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Well I learned something today, I set my camera at 480 x 640 so I will see how that works. Thanks for the help.
The 480x640 is the most efficient size for what we do here. I keep it up higher at 800x600 so it works good enough for print and screen as well. If you have a lot of storage then keep it at 800x600.
If not 480x600 will give you lots of bang for the buck. Just keep in mind at 480x600 you can't enlarge your prints without seeing some degradation.

On the TV or DVD player it will display fine using either. Especially here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts