Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, I can't tell you how glad I am to have found a forum without petty drama. Had this post on H.A.M.B and I got booted because I offended someone who had nothing better to do than insult my build. How pathetic lol!

I am in the process of building a unique, nostalgic, old school gasser with my son. Its a father /son project and we want to do this to build a car similar to the one my father had years ago. Yes, it's a 3 on the tree and I realize there's not many people who are fond of that but so be it. It's our car and we're building it this way for centimental reasons and to be different from everybody else. Is there anyone who has done something like this that may have tips for us on installing leaf springs under the rear, lifting the front end with the original front mono-leaf, and hooking up the original clutch pedal to a 3 speed toploader? I'm sure I can get through this, it's just nice to hear some different options and suggestions. Thank you for reading our post and replying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome! Why in the world would you get rid of that? Or is that one of those cars you kick yourself for getting rid of? Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently, on the H.A.M.B board, it's unacceptable to do anything original. And if someone goes to your post for no other reason in the world other than to tell you how stupid you are for building what you want, your ride will be nothing but junk, or any other gay bullshit, you get kicked off as a member for setting them straight. I guess the moderators are a bunch of die hard left wing liberals who firmly believe is freedom of speech, but only when it suits their fancy. What a joke lol! It's very pathetic :D

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Glad you found us B Loomis, and welcome on board! You're not the first reject from the HAMB site that was offended by the arrogance and trash talk that some there think is funny. I came here for the same reason when a few fellas there told me my Austin was poorly engineered, and a death trap. One told me I should trash everything I'd done and start over.
I'm going to move your thread to the projects area, and hope you'll keep us updated on how it's going!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum b loomis. Great cars great guys and great experience here. Enjoy your stay. We love pics and stories behind the build. So post away on your project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much! Us "rejects" need to stick together! Lmao! I don't have time or willpower to play stupid immature games with simple minded idiots, like the ones at H.A.M.B. not sure how they can call themselves "car guys" when all they do is piss and moan about stupid crap, and then their spineless moderators side with them. It blows my mind! But I appreciate the welcomes from all you and I'll start working on figuring this site out a little better. JUST PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OFF FOR MAKING A MISTAKE, OR IF SOMEONE STARTS HURLING INSULTS MY WAY! UUUHHHHG! Bunch of whiny ass bitches eh? LMAO :D :D :D

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I doubt you'll ever have anyone here hurling insults at you or your build. Good bunch of guys here, who will reply to your posts the same way they would if you were standing right beside them. We have no room for rude type behavior.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I put my 72 chevelle as my aviator on the Hamb just to piss them off. I get on there to check out some of the SEG guys and every now and then a gasser build. Certain people on there can build anything, any way and get away with it, they harp on incorrect built gassers all the time. You can't do anything on there unless you are 1 of the elite. This is a great site here, a lot of help and good advice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah? Than doesn't surprise me whatsoever ever. I've never seen a larger group of gutless puke sellouts like I have at Hamb. They claim to be "car guys" but throw tantrums if you even mention a rat rod. Even trying to give a description of an idea doe someone on another build. I referenced something I had done on my rat rod, I didn't try to hijack the page, just mentioned a fabricated part and I has 3 bitch boys whining about it and reporting me. Bunch of pathetic, spineless little bitches. It's almost impossible to believe. Lmao! Glad to be here and I promise I'm about done ripping on the cess pool forum. Lmao ?

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
We're all adults here, but some of the folks here like to share their posts with family members. A little cussing isn't a problem B.Loomis, but afraid I had to delete parts of your post to make it a little more PG rated.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Yea Vall you did it to one of mine....I know cause after I settled down I went back to remove a few choice words and you beat me to it....thank you......soup nazi.............lol

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I don't edit much Lash, as everyone here is pretty self controlled and great! Occasionally it gets a tiny bit salty and I feel like a couple words need to be removed. No set rules, but we all know what's passable for car guys, vs. family members.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome B.Loomis. Post up some of the pictures of your project. I know I am not the only one that likes to see the pictures!

As for the HAMB...meh. Do what you want, and post it up here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh! My bad, you have my personal promise that won't happen again. I completely understand where you're coming from.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Very Nice everyone,,, Now get back to work on your gassers!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone ever lifted the front on the stock suspension in one of these cars? I'm not sure yet as to how far I want to go, but I'm assuming I can machine a block to put between the leaf and the frame, correct?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts