Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my 40 stude that ran a/gas back in the day, getting back running again, i will have it at the october hot rod reunion in bakersfeild.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Very cool! I saw a thread on HAMB (I think?) about your car and how it was once a high school shop project by a very dedicated instructor? Am I even close on that? Very cool history!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good to see these retired cars coming back from the dead!!! Preserving history and having fun at the same time!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
WELCOME!!!! It is sooooooo cool that they is so much "history" about your car. Even more so that you are bringing it BACK to life again. It sure has been thru some tough-times since it graced the drag strip when it was first built. Looking forward to hearing more about your gasser.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
40 stude update:i ran the car at our test and tune day at Mission Drag strip near my home, she ran like a champ , hooked real hard and popped the wheels about 5", now i know she drives straight, hooks up ,stops and steers the way she should( first time running since 1974!) 12.23 @ 102 , cant wait to pull the old ski/drag boat engine and get the serious motor in it now!

had a fantastic trip to the CHRR in Bakersfield , got some great photos of the car on the track early thursday morning, great reunion with the original builders / drivers of the car. so many cool cars and great people.

heres a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Awesome car! One of the coolest I've seen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stude at 73 winternationals , great photo!

73 winternationals.jpg 73 winternationals.jpg thanks to my good buddies Dan Ray and Doug Nicol, here is a photo they found in the March 9 1973 National dragster magazine.this photo was taken at the 1973 Pomona Winternationals and the car has the blue paint scheme. wow what a find! the ford econoline and single axle trailer are the tow rig.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts