Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1621 - 1633 of 1633 Posts

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,624 ·
This is what happens when you're bored, and nothing going on with cars. I have been contemplating doing a matching red pinstripe down the stamped in trim line on my '39. I've seen a number of late 30's Chevys with one line, or even two thin pinstripes. So I got out the brush and masking tape, and set up a bottom edge tape line to stripe to and freehanded this red line inside the body line on each side.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
After getting home yesterday I was tired, but had to wash up the '39 because a friend wanted me to go to the car show this morning. There were 4 of us showed up from our car club, and three of us won trophies! Big surprise to us all! My '39 won "Best Vintage Iron" picked by the Elk's Lodge that put on the show.

Don’t ever be surprised Vall. You’re a class act. That 39 is real cool and you did an awesome job. Well deserved.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,629 ·
Went back over to the widow's garage today so my buddy could look at the WCFB carbs she has. He's got a small Desoto Hemi in his gorgeous '36 Ford coupe, and wanted a couple spares. He wasn't too impressed with the 3 carbs she had, b
ut one had a nice new top on it, so he got it as a spare. He also bought a Mallory dual point distributor with tach drive, plus an old electronic Mallory square black coil for $30, and a box of half dozen points for it for $2. Another box with two caps, and plug wires for the Mallory for $10, so he was happy.
I discovered a NOS Chevy points distributor, with cap in the original box, so I bought it so I could put my Accel points eliminator kit in it, and just swap distributors when II install it. Just put the kit in, so it's ready to go, but I need to determine how the MSD-6AL wires in with the Accel kit in the distributor so I can install that also when I do the swap. Probably wait for winter weather before putting the MSD 6AL in, or the distributor.
I picked up an extra cap, and rotor there, plus two seal puller tools. One a pry type, and one a slide hammer type. And a set of claw foot open ends to fit a 3/8" drive.
I did some more research on the two motors there that had DZ302 numbers on the blocks. I checked crankshaft numbers on the rebuilt engine and it's got a 350 crank in it, so it's now a 4 bolt main 350, not a 302. Would need crank and pistons to be correct, so worth much less. But the used engine is a correct number crankshaft, so it got sold today to another friend who was there looking.
Her husband worked at NAPA when Michael Waltrip was here in town, and visited the NAPA HQ here. He got a autographed hat and picture from him, and she gave them to me today. Not a big NASCAR fan, but I appreciated the gesture a lot.

1621 - 1633 of 1633 Posts