Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1481 - 1500 of 1511 Posts

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,481 · (Edited)
A guy over on the HAMB site posted these pictures of the Maryhill Concours. That's me sitting in front of my '39 Chevy, enjoying the sunshine and a drink.
The red 1949 MG TC with license plate TC 7392 belongs to a friend of mine. An old MG race car, with rare aluminum racing head.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Old geezer sitting next to an even older car...........lol/ looks like a nice variety of cars

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Agreed. What a nice show. Wide variety of cars. Your 39 looks great Vall

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,484 ·
Old geezer sitting next to an even older car...........lol/ looks like a nice variety of cars
Agreed. What a nice show. Wide variety of cars. Your 39 looks great Vall
Really was quite the variety of cars there!
What he didn't photograph was all of the large group of road race cars that showed up mid morning to take part in running the Maryhill road at noon. He got some of them, but the group was much larger than he got pictures of.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
A question Vall,
I was getting a clean white T-shirt out of my closet this weekend and when I unfolded it it was a T-shirt
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Product Sleeve Grey Font T-shirt

I'd forgotten I had and the last time I washed it (fuck knows how many years ago) I must have put it in the plain stack of white T-shirts. Yes, I realize yours is a 39 but a 37 is pretty close. I bought several shirts from the vendor The Nitro Garage at one of the Hot Rod Reunions at Famoso. It's a large and in great shape except for a bit of yellowing from sitting on the shelf. If you want it I'll send it to you. You'll be the envy of everybody when you show up with your car and this shirt; let me know.

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,486 ·
A question Vall,
I was getting a clean white T-shirt out of my closet this weekend and when I unfolded it it was a T-shirt View attachment 107641 View attachment 107642
I'd forgotten I had and the last time I washed it (fuck knows how many years ago) I must have put it in the plain stack of white T-shirts. Yes, I realize yours is a 39 but a 37 is pretty close. I bought several shirts from the vendor The Nitro Garage at one of the Hot Rod Reunions at Famoso. It's a large and in great shape except for a bit of yellowing from sitting on the shelf. If you want it I'll send it to you. You'll be the envy of everybody when you show up with your car and this shirt; let me know.
Hey Steve, that's a cool T shirt, regardless! And still a late 30's Chevy coupe, even if it's a '37 and not a '39. I'd love to have it, but only if you'll let me give you something for it? Or at least let me pay the shipping? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Steve...if you send it to Vall I will send $20 to cover the shipping...Don't let Vall get away with got to give you something shit............lol

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hey Steve, that's a cool T shirt, regardless! And still a late 30's Chevy coupe, even if it's a '37 and not a '39. I'd love to have it, but only if you'll let me give you something for it? Or at least let me pay the shipping? Thanks!
Vall & Lash, no worries I got the shipping. The one thing you can do Vall is post a photo here on your thread of you standing by your 39 while wearing the shirt. I've got your mailing address so I'll get the shirt out to you this week.

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,489 ·
Thanks Steve! Might be awhile to get a decent picture as the '39 is tucked away in my backyard shop for the winter, so it's tough to get a picture from far enough away to get much of the car in the picture. I'd pull it out, but it's pretty tight access between the entry doors, and the gate access. But I'll see what kind of picture we can get of it and me in the shirt.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Thanks Steve! Might be awhile to get a decent picture as the '39 is tucked away in my backyard shop for the winter, so it's tough to get a picture from far enough away to get much of the car in the picture. I'd pull it out, but it's pretty tight access between the entry doors, and the gate access. But I'll see what kind of picture we can get of it and me in the shirt.
I mailed it today Vall.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I realized that I had forgotten to include this photo of a shirt I have that, like the one I sent you, isn't an exact match for the year but strongly resembles my 53; it's even yellow.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Glad you like it Vall, with your car it'd be hard not to. When I bought it they had 3 available; the one I sent you, a Fiat Topolino altered and a Henry J gasser. I gave my cousin the Fiat shirt because he really liked it so now I have just the Henry J.

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,498 ·
I was actually thinking of using 37 Chevy taillights on the Morris. Love all the early Chevy's. Very nice Hotrod!
Thanks! '37 taillights might look good on it. Were you planning on just using the taillight housings, or the stands also that fit the housings?

1481 - 1500 of 1511 Posts