Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new, or new to me anyway, 2, 4 air gap intake from Eldebrock? A respected engine builder suggested I use 1 on my 434 with 2 750 Eldebrock carbs. The look would be cool, but I'm after performance also. This motor has Dart Pro 1, ported heads, forged rotating assy, and a solid roller, Bullet, with 658 lift. Right now it has a super vic, with a QF Q series 850 DP on it. I've ran tunnel rams, but never had no experience with this set up.It's in my chevelle right now, but it's going in my 40 chev coupe this winter. Bought a mild 454. fresh .030 over for the chevelle. It'll be my cruiser, 3.08 gears, and the 40 is kinda my play toy street and strip deal.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I guess I wouldn't argue with an engine builder, but it depends on what your engine/car gets used for? If it's more street than strip, I'd probably go with two 500-600 cfm carbs. 1500 cfm seems a bit much even for a 434 engine. If it's for the drag strip, then maybe you might use that much carb, since most driving will be wide open throttle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts