Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any GHR forum guys (or Gals) going to the Pamona Winternationals???

goin up on Friday, its the best day for my likin's

Hopefully there will be some Gassers there!!

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Enjoy the drags! I've lost interest in most the coverage on TV of NHRA, and also in many of the cars. I enjoy the kind of drags that ESPN wont cover. Not enough advertising dollars for ESPN to cover anything but nitro funny cars, pro stock, top fuel, and bikes; which all bore me pretty much.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Was in Pomona a couple of times..... once for the LA Roadster Show & the other was to go to the NHRA Hall of Fame..... hard to imagine how that area is transformed into a dragstrip.

We'll be in L.A. the same time Hot Rod Magazine is having its 65th Anniversary Show..... also in Pomona.

Love our trips to "Hot Rod Heaven"

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be taking a good camera and I'll make sure to cover the "non-conventional" stuff for the forum.

I have not been to a "big" drag race for over 15 years, when they ONLY had about 3-4 thousand horsepower. Now the are in excess of 8 thousand.

I am looking forward to feeling my chest vibrate and my eyballs shake,,Its one of those things I remember most from my last trip. I am having trouble even imagining what it is going to be like this time.

56 VIC - Tom

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updates for the forum,, from the Winternationals,

Lots of cars but just a handfull of Gassers :(

good news is that these two were pretty cool,,lots of interest in them too

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey old n dusty,
School me on "E town"
Tom - 56 VIC

·
Registered
69 Posts
englishtown nj . thats the closest track to me. about 2 hrs. away. my son and i go every year been taking him since he was about 4 or 5 he's 27 now

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Englishtown is a pretty historic track. Been around since the mid 60's, and lots of big time racing over the years!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts