·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, Vall's buddy Jeff's car made it to the 'Cool Car' on Summit Racinig FB page.

"One of the many cool rides we spotted a few weeks ago at Hot August Nights!"

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Thanks Mike! Great pictures! Did you get any of the Falcon while I was heating up the tires? I was wondering how hot they were getting, as Cody from Hurst thought I might not be getting enough heat into them, and that was why they spun all the way down the track.

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Here's a few pics I took Sat. and Sun.:

This an earlier Austin than mine, with Anglia frontend!

Old late 50's rail, with a 322 Buick, and 6 deuces!

Robie Davis' old Willys gasser.

Very nice Corvair gasser that broke an axle his first run. Wish it could have made more runs!

Shorty's blown big block Chevy Henry J!

Gasser row!

Ramchargers Dodge.

BBC powered Corvette.

'55 Chevy gasser.

American Motors gasser. I think it was a SBC engine. Very fast too!

Another BBC powered '57.

This one showed up, but couldn't run. Too new!

Very high end '55 gasser. He drove it to the drags!

Our pit area. Jeff kicking back!

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Here's another video that was posted. Jeff's '56 and my Falcon. He jumped me bad with a .036 react. time, to my .301 react time, and I didn't run him down until less than 100' from the finish line! I dogged it off the line to try and get it to hook better, but still no luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0xewqUgbo&feature=player_embedded

Looks like part of my traction problem might be tire speed during the burnout. I'm turning them over clear through the lights, but I don't see much smoke? I might need to start in 2nd in the water box to get the tires spinning faster.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Your Falcon coming down the return road sounds just right. Or should I say just AWESOME!!! Looks like you had a great time. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Your Falcon coming down the return road sounds just right. Or should I say just AWESOME!!! Looks like you had a great time. Mark L
Thanks Mark! Yeah, I love the sound of the engine and cam with open headers! I've got a guy who might trade me a pair of 10" Cragar Super Tricks for the 10" ET slots I've got my Eagles mounted on. So that should fix the traction issue I hope!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts