Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ok it's not a gasser or hot rod but it does have a Hemi. It has a Magna Flow cat back system on it that has paid off. Some months back the exhaust system started making a weird sound but I was able to live with it. It did start to get worse so one day I tapped each muffler. one sounded nice and solid the other sounded like an empty tin can. I contacted Magna Flow (the system has a lifetime warranty, it's all stainless) and asked about about getting a replacement muffler sent out; they sent out a complete new system; head pipes from the cats back, resonator and mufflers with nice, bright, chrome tips. This huge box
has been sitting in my garage taking up space for months. After Lash recently chastised me for being lazy and sitting on my ass I decided to get out and do something. I remembered putting the kit on and it really was easily done, everything is a slip fit with good quality, wide clamps. Since I'm 8 years older now than I was when I installed it I was surprised at what a pain in the ass working under a car, on a creeper, dealing with tight spaces has become. It took a bit longer, like a couple extra hours, than I anticipated but I finally got it done.
So there you go Lash, I did do something!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I can't work on a creeper. Just moves around too much, and I can't do much. I have a chunk of old carpet I toss down, and it works much better for me.

Pretty nice that Magnaflow has such great customer service!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does make life easier when a company stands behind their warranty. I had Borla stainless mufflers on my 84 Vett and they had what they called their Million Mile warranty. Both mufflers rotted out but they also stood behind their warranty and sent out a new pair. I've always filled out and sent in warranty cards, before the internet, to validate the warranty; it pays off.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
About time...now don't you feel good about your self...I use a lawn chair cushion to lay on...easier on my skinny ass

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I think many of the "lifetime warranties" are there because they know guys will sell their vehicles before they ever claim on them. Guys who keep their vehicles for a long time are the beneficiaries of these warranties, while others pay for them and never use them.
When I had a starter go out on my Toyota SR5 4x4 decades ago, I bought a lifetime starter from what was Schucks then. Later had the alternator fail, and got that from Schucks too. When the starter failed again Schucks was gone, and O'Reilly's owned them. Surprisingly they not only honored it, but when the counter guy balked at first, the manager came over and approved it, and had him write up a new O'Reilly's warranty so I'd have no more trouble later.
They really lost out on those alternators for my Toyota 4x4! It would lose one about every two years, and I owned the truck for about 25 years, so they gave away a lot of new alternators. Never did figure out why they went out? I lost one while over east deer hunting, and only a NAPA in the town. Had to buy that alternator out of pocket, and when it failed took it to Schucks and got another.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Good deal Steve. Good to hear you back at it again. I bet that magnaflow sounds great.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Friend of mine did a Borla cat back system on his hemi Dodge pickup and it sounded great. But noticed it began to get louder over time, until it got pretty loud. Couldn't find any rattles, or issues, so nothing to warranty. He finally traded the truck off last year on another newer Dodge truck, so never did try to warranty it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts