Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the 39 out for a blast on Saturday-felt great! Warm sunny day,went to the car wash and kleened er up then took er out and stretched her legs a bit. Why is it they seem to run better just after their bath? This year its getting power trax ,slapper bars and street slicks. Hope to run more consistent times with less weel spin. Will try and post some pics when all this is done. Lookin forward to a good year of racing and hope to meet some Gasser Forum people at the track.Dont hesitate to stop by for a chat if you see the barn find 39- Bye for now-Steve

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Had the 39 out for a blast on Saturday-felt great! Warm sunny day,went to the car wash and kleened er up then took er out and stretched her legs a bit. Why is it they seem to run better just after their bath? This year its getting power trax ,slapper bars and street slicks. Hope to run more consistent times with less weel spin. Will try and post some pics when all this is done. Lookin forward to a good year of racing and hope to meet some Gasser Forum people at the track.Dont hesitate to stop by for a chat if you see the barn find 39- Bye for now-Steve
Sounds like fun! Any pics? :)
I'm running M&H drag radials now, and I'm very pleased with the amount of traction they get, without compromising wet pavement traction or handling. They're not old school pie crust look, but they really work almost as good as my Goodyear Eagles do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with M.T. E.T. street radials because they are 26in diameter and my fender is 27in. I did not want to radius my fenders after all that body work! I think they will stick out 1 or 2 in wich is the look I want. Its gonna be tight and I will have to use a longer axle snubber but I think it will work out. Will post some pics when its all done.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Mine are 275/60/15 and are 27.5" tall mounted, with OA width of 11", and tread width of about 9.75" on an 8.5" wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts